Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: made a heatshield for my sri
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
Nyczroflz
so guys i was really bored today so i made a heatshield for my intake. Im waiting to get my sheet metal so it doesnt look as bad lol currently its cardboard wrapped with this aluminium wrap thing. comments? i know its kinda ricey but i didnt want to buy a injen one cuz im low in funds

njccmd2002
cwm13.gif
Spider77
Im not sure what kind of protection cardboard and foil would produce vs heat. Although its very creative way of going about it, I wouldnt pop the hood anytime soon. You could always get some sheet metal, and some tin snips, cut out what you need and have someone weld/grind/rivet it for you probly for next to nothing. BTW, is that clothes hanger wire holding together some stuff? If you need zip ties I'll give you some.
manphibian
hmmm, not convinced by that one.

From what i've found from sri heat shields in practice;

unrestricted access to warm air > restricted access to very very slightly cooler air.
Spider77
In theory thoug, could you help by brining some cold air in where the org ducting is? I think thats why the dryer hose maybe there. One more thing, is that tin foil in place of a fuse?
delusionz
those home made dodgys aye... 100% function 0% look............if the aim is to have a big heat soaking air restrictor infront of the intake by all means go for it...

and the so called cold air feed is doing nothing at all from the stock location
Nyczroflz
hmm ok i guess ill take it off then since it prob would do more harm than good.. thx for the feedback guys =)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.