Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: mr2 s54 trans?
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
bccentaur3
My transmission busted on my 3s swap. I don't really want to use the s53 trans and the cheapest transmission I could find right now to get my car back on the road is a s54 trans off of an MR2. Would I have to go about doing all the work to convert it to fwd as the e153 trans off the mr2-T?
JDM_Factory
well you would have to change the shift linkage bracket on the opposite side to make it work. But if I was you go to car-parts.com and buy yourself a 97+ v6 Solara/Camry E153 tranny. It's hard to find a usdm mr2 tranny that isn't beat to death. Not all came with lsd and 91-93 uses double syncro vs the Camry/Solara are triple syncro. Hope that helps.
presure2
QUOTE (bccentaur3 @ Jul 27, 2008 - 1:35 AM) *
My transmission busted on my 3s swap. I don't really want to use the s53 trans and the cheapest transmission I could find right now to get my car back on the road is a s54 trans off of an MR2. Would I have to go about doing all the work to convert it to fwd as the e153 trans off the mr2-T?

mr2 dont have the s54.
its the s53. weaker, crappy syncros.
dont do it.
wink.gif
bccentaur3
Okay thanks a lot Manny.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.