Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cali Earthquake....
6G Celicas Forums > Other > Off Topic
manphibian
Everyone ok?
GriffGirl
holy crap that's so recent I hadn't even seen that yet!

USGS deems a 5.8 to be "moderate". Hopefully it's not a prelude to a bigger one.
CelicaST_CALI
o **** i must have missed that,how the **** does the guy from teh UK know about it and i dont..5.8 is fairly high...

EDIT:o its only LA....

5.4 2008/07/29 11:42:15 33.955N 117.765W 13.6 4 km ( 3 mi) WSW of Chino Hills, CA

NOOOOOOOOO
95GTCelica
just a normal day in socal.... I felt it and said out loud "here we go again". lol I have the USGS earthquake site on my favorites. Now to go and replace that picture that fell off.
CelicaST_CALI
california is getting tempered this year...fires everywhere...socal is shaking.....and the moutains are almost out of water....
DEATH
You guys gotta move before you find yourself on a fiery island that constantly shakes laugh.gif
MarcoGTS
yeah it started at chino hills and i live like 5 mins away from it! in Montclair! the cities surrounding the epicenter gets more violent shakes. so yeah it was hitting hard here, all of the stuff on the shelves started falling..and i was cooking at the time and choppin some meat so i also almost chopped my finger off from the quake hahahah..but it was a good quake...last year usually the quakes only last 5 secs or so...and it was weak.
Capone
Damn im going to Cali this weekend for vacation. I hope nothing happens while im there!
CelicaST_CALI
o u ppl...i think earthquakes are rather fun....i mean cmon.THE FREAKING GROUND IS MOVING..its like standing on a vibrating water bed lol...
MarcoGTS
QUOTE (CelicaST_CALI @ Jul 29, 2008 - 1:06 PM) *
o u ppl...i think earthquakes are rather fun....i mean cmon.THE FREAKING GROUND IS MOVING..its like standing on a vibrating water bed lol...

yah..its fun till it hits 7.0-8.0 then its no no fun
D-Man
Yeah, i've never been in an earthquake... Sounds kinda crazy... I'd be the one that encounters an earthquake, pulled my car over and tryed to jack it up thinking the suspension was malfunctioning laugh.gif
CelicaST_CALI
yea i was sitting in a car outside like macys or somthing and this guys sound system was going and this lil like 4.0 quake went and i was like'HOLY **** THAT GUY HAS A SYSTEM" it was rather funny...and i was in like a 5.somthing,thats the highest ive been in...
DEATH
QUOTE (Capone @ Jul 29, 2008 - 4:03 PM) *
Damn im going to Cali this weekend for vacation. I hope nothing happens while im there!

Oh come now - where's the fun in that?

QUOTE (CelicaST_CALI @ Jul 29, 2008 - 4:06 PM) *

Hmmm...I can think of a few interesting ways to utilize that laugh.gif Now if we could just work on the scheduleing a bit.
God? You gotta moment...?

QUOTE (CelicaST_CALI @ Jul 29, 2008 - 4:14 PM) *
yea i was sitting in a car outside like macys or somthing and this guys sound system was going and this lil like 4.0 quake went and i was like'HOLY **** THAT GUY HAS A SYSTEM" it was rather funny...and i was in like a 5.somthing,thats the highest ive been in...

Buddy of mine says he wishes he had God's system everytime it Thunders laugh.gif
D-Man
QUOTE (CelicaST_CALI @ Jul 29, 2008 - 3:14 PM) *

ROFL That'd be freakin hilarious! I can just picture you Jumpin out of your car and running up on him, wanting to know what he was pushin to do that tongue.gif

QUOTE (DEATH @ Jul 29, 2008 - 3:35 PM) *
Hmmm...I can think of a few interesting ways to utilize that laugh.gif Now if we could just work on the scheduleing a bit.

Knowing you, you would too laugh.gif And totaly play it off like it was ALL you rolleyes.gif
Havok1997GT
Escape from LA.

Good movie biggrin.gif
DEATH
QUOTE (D-Man @ Jul 29, 2008 - 3:57 PM) *
QUOTE (DEATH @ Jul 29, 2008 - 3:35 PM) *

Knowing you, you would too laugh.gif And totaly play it off like it was ALL you rolleyes.gif

Oh grasshoppa - you still have much to learn. The trick is to let her convince herself that it's all me wink.gif
xs94st
i thought it was another chollo rollin in an escalade.

then i saw my shot glasses jiggle. rofl.
CelicaST_CALI
hahahahha see we blame everything on cars over here...
airfron
i'm in walnut. was in the shower when it happened. almost slipped and then i screamed like a sissy la la.
tomazws
And I thought it was problems with my car... got me all looking at the boots and axles and ****..

How come it shaked?!?!?!?!?!

It came from Chino Hills? I'm next city in Walnut... haha..
forkee
QUOTE (CelicaST_CALI @ Jul 29, 2008 - 1:06 PM) *

hell yea. i was in bed and didn't move at all. i was like, finally....a major earthquake after 10 years, we were past due. i was in hawaii during the northridge one and missed out on the excitement. it was kinda cool. its always good to have a little bit of unscheduled chaos. of course if it got pretty bad or lasted more than a minute then i would start getting scared lol. but it was fun....this time......
j0e_p3t
this was the first rather serious one i was actually awake for. i was debating whether i should duck under my desk or make sure my tv doesn't fall off the mount. glad to say we're both okay.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.