Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Light throttle hesitation?
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Forced Induction
supra12big
Okay, this has been a problem for a long time now, its a jdm gen 2. Anyways whenever i am around 20-10 vac on light throttle curising, around 2-3k, it always tends to jump, thump around, feels like a missfire or something. Whenever i reset the battery. It goes away for the first 10-20mins and then comes back slowly. I really have no clue any more cause i have replaced a bunch of things(list below). The car idles around 950, vac is 21. It goes into boost fine, and wot fine. It has a very weird low rpm missfire around 1100 or so, where it burps and jumps up.

List of things replaced
Spark Plugs(brand new gapped to .28)
Spark Plug wires(brand new)
Cap+Rotor(replaced 3k ago)
TPS(replaced, and set according to bgb)
Fuel Filter
AFM(check to bgb standards, and swapped with a friend)
Boost Leaks(have done well over 5 tests, not one leak at all around 15psi)
Vac Leaks(same thing)
Cold Start Injector(Bypass, and closed off, not in function)
Coil(Have gone and tested threw 3, all came out to .7, 12.56, but came off working cars)

So that sums it up, I have no clue for here, I was thinking maybe ecu temp sensor, or changing out cap and rotor again, but am clueless from there. Compression is 180 across the boards if anyone was wondering, please guys help me out, thanks
Smaay
TPS calibration?
supra12big
when u say calibration, do u mean setting it or testing the tps itself?
supra12big
problem found and solved...
lagos
ummm... so what was it?
supra12big
base timing
lagos
I thought you said you had checked it already?
Either way, at least its fixed now.
supra12big
like i did check the iginition timing, but the actually cam timing is off, thats base timing right>
lagos
Cam timing is your mechanical timing.
Base timing is your ignition timing.

So you took your timing belt off, and readjusted it ?
supra12big
ya its in the process right now, but i am gonna replace the belt as well, should i do the tensioner too? i mean theres nothing wrong with both, just the cam timing is off
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.