Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Camry Tranny?
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Forced Induction
supra12big
So i found a 99 Camry solora tranny for a good deal, i was just asking if it would work with my 3s swap, now i believe its a e153 tranny right? so it should bolt right on the the 3s, also i would use the camry inners and the set of outers that i have on my car as well, is there a advantage with the camry solora tranny, like gearing, lsd?
Batman722
gearing, durability, yes.

you would need MR2 turbo inners and all-trac outers, and at least a 1/2" spacer for the pass side axle.
As for mounts...st205 rear w/bracket, st205 driver's side w/bracket, and you can use your GT/ST front mount/bracket.

edit, and the st205 shifter cables.
supra12big
i have all those right now for my mr2 tranny, but i was just making sure that its gonna be plug and play
Batman722
I didn't know you had the mr2 tranny, yes it should be plug and play.
supra12big
kk thanks, btw i can still use the same clutch right
devilsden97
QUOTE (supra12big @ Aug 1, 2008 - 1:01 AM) *
kk thanks, btw i can still use the same clutch right

i say yes dont have time to double check, will look into later
phattyduck
You probably already know this... but make sure it is a V6 Solara trans, not the 4-cyl trans... wink.gif

-Charlie
supra12big
it came off a 3.0 solora,
njccmd2002
what about the gear ratios on this tranny, is it the same as the s54 , you know high revs on 5th gear while doing 70?

can i use it on the 5s?
devilsden97
QUOTE (njccmd2002 @ Aug 5, 2008 - 9:42 PM) *
what about the gear ratios on this tranny, is it the same as the s54 , you know high revs on 5th gear while doing 70?
can i use it on the 5s?

way to jack the mans thread.. lol jk

To be totally honest, if u guys have specific questions, a good person to ask is Silver94celicaowner. He did a 3rd gen swap in his car, with an e513 (non-lsd) tranny out of a Camry. He should know a fair amount about its capabilities, and its compatabilities.

.....If hes ever on.
njccmd2002
QUOTE (devilsden97 @ Aug 7, 2008 - 1:54 PM) *
QUOTE (njccmd2002 @ Aug 5, 2008 - 9:42 PM) *
can i use it on the 5s?

way to jack the mans thread.. lol jk

To be totally honest, if u guys have specific questions, a good person to ask is Silver94celicaowner. He did a 3rd gen swap in his car, with an e513 (non-lsd) tranny out of a Camry. He should know a fair amount about its capabilities, and its compatabilities.

.....If hes ever on.

hey laugh.gif , not jacking he needs to post more info on this, seems like a good trade, i hate my tranny.... But i will see Silver94celicaowner, thanks,,,
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.