Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Error 54
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Forced Induction
Rav4Race
Hi guys/gals... I own a Rav4 model year 2000 and ive swapped in a 3sgte st205. The engine seem to be perfect but however my check engine light is on... I bridged E1-TE1 and ive detected an error code 54. Ive read in a message posted by insanity on 6gc.net, where he proposed to bridge the coolant level sensor, which i did! But the problem is still persisting, my water pump is working.
Well guys i need help, i dunno if my car's boost has lowered because of the 54 error code? Or is it that i havent changed my fuel pump which is holding my car back? But Rav4 use a 2L fuel pump, n i doubt that this is the problem. Plz advise me:(
Another question, after bridging the sensor, should i take out a fuse or something just to delete the problem from ecu memory?
thnx for all;)
Cuts_the_Pilot
yeh 54 is coolant level,
like you have done bridging the sensor is the cure.

54 puts the car into limp mode, and therefore you need to reset the ecu to clear it, either disconnect the battery for 30 seconds, or pull the efi fuse for 30 seconds.

i like the batt method just to be sure.

this should cure your dramas.
WannabeGT4
QUOTE (Rav4Race @ Aug 4, 2008 - 3:14 AM) *
Hi guys/gals... I own a Rav4 model year 2000 and ive swapped in a 3sgte st205. The engine seem to be perfect but however my check engine light is on... I bridged E1-TE1 and ive detected an error code 54. Ive read in a message posted by insanity on 6gc.net, where he proposed to bridge the coolant level sensor, which i did! But the problem is still persisting, my water pump is working.
Well guys i need help, i dunno if my car's boost has lowered because of the 54 error code? Or is it that i havent changed my fuel pump which is holding my car back? But Rav4 use a 2L fuel pump, n i doubt that this is the problem. Plz advise me:(
Another question, after bridging the sensor, should i take out a fuse or something just to delete the problem from ecu memory?
thnx for all;)
Unless you've kept the ST205 pump wiring exactly the same as it was in the celica you'll need to wire up a relay and resistors at the ECU... Here's a wiring diagram for you:
Rav4Race
Thnx brothers... In fact i fitted the 3sgte engine together with its ECU gear box etc...complete set...Am praying that i get my car to its top 100% fit as soon as possible:(
When i remove the water cooler cap i can see movements of water when the engine is on, which should mean that the water pump is working right? I bridged the sensor, disconnected battry cable n still engine light on:(
WannabeGT4
QUOTE (Rav4Race @ Aug 4, 2008 - 10:18 AM) *
Thnx brothers... In fact i fitted the 3sgte engine together with its ECU gear box etc...complete set...Am praying that i get my car to its top 100% fit as soon as possible:(
When i remove the water cooler cap i can see movements of water when the engine is on, which should mean that the water pump is working right? I bridged the sensor, disconnected battry cable n still engine light on:(

How did you wire up the charge cooler relay? If you just have the pump wired to run constantly you'll need to install the relay and resistors I refered to in my first post in order to trick the ECU into thinking everything is normal.
Rav4Race
ah ok! i'll try this 1 and let u know! I think i havent done that:p Thnx mate!
Rav4Race
Hi guys..
Got some news:)

Well i sorted out the error 54 code and the power has improved a bit.

But the problem which am now facing is that am getting a low turbo boost:( My turbo is

not boosting more than 0.4 bar:(

Do u think its because i havent changed the rear diff? Am still running with my 1AZ rear diff

but can a diff reduce the turbo boost??

plz help and thnx again bros:)

WannabeGT4
Glad to see that worked to clear the code 54.

If the rear diff and the center diff are of different ratios you'll be putting the drive train under some serious stress the further out of sync they are. The front wheels will try and spin at a different rate than the rear wheels at the same engine speed. I wouldn't suggest driving it like that for very long/at all if they are of different ratios.

I'd be willing to bet that you're running too lean and getting boost limited and timing pulled due to knock response since you haven't upgraded your fuel pump. The fuel demands of a turbo engine are much higher than those of an NA engine of the same size.
3SGTE-auto
I have a Carlos Sainz Engine and ECU, and I set up the water pump in on my WTA to run constantly, and I tricked the ECU by simply installing a resistor between the INT wire and ground. This got rid of the Error 54 message... The wiring diagram up there looks more complicated, but probably is correct for that ECU.
celicast3sgte
x2 on the fuel pump and rear diff.

whether these are the direct causes of your problems or not. BOTH are a very important issue to address before continuing driving the car.
WannabeGT4
QUOTE (3SGTE-auto @ Sep 17, 2008 - 6:50 AM) *
I have a Carlos Sainz Engine and ECU, and I set up the water pump in on my WTA to run constantly, and I tricked the ECU by simply installing a resistor between the INT wire and ground. This got rid of the Error 54 message... The wiring diagram up there looks more complicated, but probably is correct for that ECU.
that is the proper procedure for the carlos sainz and rc ecu but the st205 ecu is a little bit smarter and requires advanced trickery to eliminate the code 54.
bccentaur3
Make sure you upgrade the fuel pump too. I understand that the fuel pump is a 2L fuel pump, but that was the factory FP. You gotta get something that will supply enough fuel to your 3s.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.