Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 5sfte wont start
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Forced Induction
xxFROZENxx
hey guys my car wont start any more after i finish servicing it.. took it for a run and the just shutdown and stored on me...( in 2nd gear).... it still cranks but wont fire up...

i have tested it for spark and still spark in the leads,got a volt meter to test battery, ignition, distributor and they still have voltage....
i thought it could be my timing belt... so open up and still good no snap or cut to the belt..... what can it be guys????

could it be a blown head gasket? or cooked Ecu?
frown.gif
OOBE
Last night, my car started fine, I shut it off and when I tried to start it again a few minutes later, it wouldn't. I remoevd the spark plugs and noticed they were soaked in fuel. I let them dry, put them back in and the car started fine. It was weird. First time it happened.
xxFROZENxx
isnt that dangerous... fuel and spark dont mix... but yeah ill try pull my sparks out and see if they are ok...
GriffGirl
Fuel and spark mix great when you're trying to achieve a little sumpin' sumpin' we call combustion. tongue.gif
xxFROZENxx
still no luck guys.... check my fuel pump still working... i unplugged it form the rail and just crank the car.. fuel comes out... so im assuming that theres nothing wrong with the fuel pump.... my sparks are dry no oil, water or any type of liquid in on them... took of the distributed, crank the car and the red plate still turns.....

can it be the injectors?? or ecu???? help guys..
rjbibeau
your injectors aren't spraying fuel....any codes?
xxFROZENxx
i dont know if the injectors are working or not... gota check them... how do i check for codes??? my car not even drivable..
reko
QUOTE (OOBE @ Aug 5, 2008 - 3:10 AM) *
Last night, my car started fine, I shut it off and when I tried to start it again a few minutes later, it wouldn't. I remoevd the spark plugs and noticed they were soaked in fuel. I let them dry, put them back in and the car started fine. It was weird. First time it happened.

Thats because you went WOT and then turned your car off which means you sent a LOT of gas that hasnt been burned and it didnt went back to your tank.
It happened to me once. I had to wait 1h before the car decided to start.
xxFROZENxx
no luck guys i put my stock injectors back on and tried to start and not starting only cranks.... i tink it may be the ECU or the Engines gone.. if the engines gone will the car still crank?
xxFROZENxx
took my ecu out and tried it on my friend celica.. it started his car..ecu ok....
so if ecu is ok, starter still click, distributor still sparks with spark inside, injectors swap back to stock standard and fuel pump pumping... what else could go wrong?

i tink my engine is gone....
help guys
soulshadow
Check your EFI relay.
xxFROZENxx
Found it guys... i called a mechanic to come and do a compression test om my car..... all the cylinders were all reading 20-25 which means that they are all dead.... sad but yeah.... im going to give up my 5sfte project now... stick to NA... i enjoyed the turbo project so much, it was a good experiment for me.... thanks for all thoses people who help me out...

xxFROZENxx
Euphoria
dam that sucks, how many kms you have?
xxFROZENxx
its was a secound hand engine... had like 6500 and i did another 1500..
trdproven
I've seen ECU fail many times, you might wanna borrow from a fellow celi owner and test.
xxFROZENxx
already did that.... but its not the ecu... my engine had only 20pound in each cylinder...
celicast3sgte
thats not right dude.. what blew your compression evenly across all cylinders?? that just seems odd to me
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.