Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 7afe t3/t4
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Forced Induction
d0w0rkS0n
heyy guys, would a t3/t4 turbo be too much for my 7afe motor? no rebuilt internals. im just curious?
OOBE
I'm running a T3/TO4B and it's a little laggy because of the automatic tranny, but it starts pulling at 3500 RPM.
d0w0rkS0n
ive got a manual. but im not tryin to be too laggy. 3500 and it starts to pull? im lookin for a quicker spool, so i know i need a smaller turbo. but with the 7a with t3/t4 internally wastegated at 7.6psi how bad would i be treatin my motor?
OOBE
This motor can take a beating (as long as you don't lean out). 7 PSI is nothing. Just yesterday I overboosted to 20 PSI on accident. It's fine like nothing ever happened. Crank it to 10-12 PSI. It will not break. As long as you have big enough injectors (310cc or more), a big fuel pump, and you secure all the vacuum hoses, you will be fine. Don't listen to the fools around here that talk about how weak this motor is but they haven't gotten their hands dirty with it. Anyway, if you want a quicker spool, get a T3 .48/.42 and enjoy the wheelspin.
d0w0rkS0n
haha. nice. thanks man. i guess ill just use my t3/t4 for now. i just need some injectors and my intercooler piping! but i cant get either right now ugh
FunkySR
OOBE is right. I overboosted and there were no problems. My motor has 174k abd loves a bit of turbo gas. I have T25, Wlbro and 315cc injectors and soon to be AEM FIC. My management at present is SAFC2 which is ok for on boost driving, but off boost is crap. If you havent already, get the emanage blue or AEM.
95celicastLSR
QUOTE (FunkySR @ Aug 7, 2008 - 9:53 AM) *
OOBE is right. I overboosted and there were no problems. My motor has 174k abd loves a bit of turbo gas. I have T25, Wlbro and 315cc injectors and soon to be AEM FIC. My management at present is SAFC2 which is ok for on boost driving, but off boost is crap. If you havent already, get the emanage blue or AEM.

hey man whats up? im goin to be using the AEM F/IC to tune my car at 9psi..ive heard they are way better than neos and other emange becuase of the tunning software and they make correction 100% there for u have complete control over fuel and ignition...let me know how u like it as it will be a few months before i get mine tunned.. im trying to go over 200 whp i think i should hit that with 9 psi with a t3 hybrid 50 trim...what power goals are u lookin at hitting??
OOBE
You will not hit 200 WHP with only 9 PSI, unless you get a monster turbo that'll spool in 2 weeks. Why would you stop at 9 PSI? The turbo isn't even alive at that boost level. From 10 PSI up is when it starts to come alive and you really feel the pull. That "7A-FE cannot handle a lot of boost" myth is dead long time ago. I've proven that and so have a few other people. The engine will not throw a rod or destroy a piston or do other non-sense people have said in the past. As long as you don't lean out, the engine will take a beating. Mine has been alive and kicking since 2003, and other than a broken piston (injector problem, not engine weakness) and a blown headgasket (cheap fuel, not engine weakness) it's been fine. So you see, my two failures have been related to other factors, not the "weakness" of the engine. Those two things can happen to a built 2JZ-GTE or a 3S-GTE. No engine is resistant to those things. If your injector gets stuck open, you'll dump massive amounts of fuel in a cylinder, and fuel doesn't compress. Bye-bye piston ringland. Same with watered down 91 octane...it'll detonate on any engine. It will not discriminate. So boost away. If you break, it wasn't the engine's fault. It was yours.
d0w0rkS0n
haha i love the explanation! so maybe i WILL boost about 10psi then... its a t3/t4 .50 trim, and hell, if its laggy, boom just drop a gear and take off....no more lag lol
Akirad1
so how much damage does this do to the wallet is what im wanting to know
d0w0rkS0n
ha its not that bad. im in for like.... 1300-1500$ right now
Akirad1
wow thats not bad i might be saving for this
CelicaST_CALI
18 mpg FTW
d0w0rkS0n
not bad.

not gonna lie though, been actually kinda nervous now that its getting closer and closer to the date. the celi is my daily, and i just dunno what ill do if i blow it....lets pray for the best
CelicaST_CALI
There are quiet a few ppl that drive 7aftes everyday..u just have to make sure u dont over boost and buy quality parts...
FunkySR
indeed. biggrin.gif
trd94
i have been boosting 10-12psi for about 2 years now . with great luck , and if you want 200 hp you will need a good tune and around 12-15 psi on that turbo. i know because that is what it for me to get there.
FunkySR
yep. it's all in the tuning, and i cant wait for my AEM to turn up. Mainly because it mimics stock conditions off boost and uses larger injectors potential on boost. Also you can retard timing.

I will try to do a write up on the AEM when it gets here.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.