Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2-Jz Swap
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
DatDudeJoey
Has anyone done a 2 jz swap to a celica?
x_itchy_b_x
no 6th gens i can think of... biggrin.gif
paul_gt4
i know of a few 2-jz done in Lexus IS200's a guy over here in Northern Ireland is building an 800bhp model which is nearly completed

don't think it would be feasible in a fwd and can't be done i don't think in the gt4 (with gearbox and transfer not mating), it would be a serious costly with new mounts and frame modification.
Cuts_the_Pilot
forget that idea.
if you tried to mate it to your gearbox and keep fwd (a silly idea because of the power and torque even a stock 2jz would produce would be enough to smash your gearbox if you ever managed to get traction, and would be so heavy in the front)

you could do it rwd (a guy in aus has a 1uz-fetz (yes its twin turbo and supercharged) in a st185 gtfour, but a 1uz is only 4 cyl long, it involved a lot of fabrication and engineering, a 2jz is obviously longer, it would have cylinder 1 where your radiator is. its not feasable.

put in a 3sgte, 1mz/3vz, or leave it like it is.
ZGear
IT'S BEEN DONE!!!!!

With the power of Photoshop........hmmmm......yes we can keep dreaming....
Rusty
lol nicly done thumbsup.gif

older Celica's like the 3rd and 4th Gens have had 2JZ put into them I'm pretty sure
b18tuner5875
how about a 1 jz? would the .5 liter difference make it fit better?
Cuts_the_Pilot
no 1jz are the same dimentions.

and ide like to add that the 2jz in that photo is wrong because the turbos are on the driver side (ok well drivers side for us rhd'ers)

nice work on the photoshopping, did you mirror?
Hanyo
QUOTE (ZGear @ Aug 14, 2008 - 8:40 PM) *
IT'S BEEN DONE!!!!!

With the power of Photoshop........hmmmm......yes we can keep dreaming....

+1
ZGear
QUOTE (Cuts_the_Pilot @ Aug 15, 2008 - 9:41 AM) *
no 1jz are the same dimentions.

and ide like to add that the 2jz in that photo is wrong because the turbos are on the driver side (ok well drivers side for us rhd'ers)

nice work on the photoshopping, did you mirror?

LOL.....yeah it was a quickie....had to find one with the same angle as the car...
DEATH
QUOTE (Rusty @ Aug 14, 2008 - 11:33 PM) *
lol nicly done thumbsup.gif

older Celica's like the 3rd and 4th Gens have had 2JZ put into them I'm pretty sure

1st, 2nd and 3rd gens been done - 4th is even more improbable than ours because the bay is setup nearly the same with the radiator pushed nearly 6" farther back and considerably less room to work with than ours wink.gif
Taskbot
Its probably impossible with our engine bay. However longitudinal engine mounted celi's can do it for sure. But IMO its probably a useless idea and not worth it.

If you want a RWD car, it probably cheaper to buy one. Probably even cheaper to buy a 3rd/4th Gen Supra than build it out of a Celica.
If you're really determined on a RWD celica you can probably use the subframe from a MR-2 or another Celica and custom build a MR Celica.

Here's a build of an MR Integra which should probably deter you from cutting up you Celica:
Team Integra mid engined H22A4 conversion
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.