Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 5S-FTE Apexi S-AFC users
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Forced Induction
Smaay
like the title says, im trying to figure out management for my FTE project. i have a 97 5S and im using my stock All-Trac manifold and turbo and downpipe. i have a set of the RX7 injectors already. im just looking for some concrete results of the S-AFC on this type of setup. im also considering the AEM FIC. But i want AFC results, please post your setup and how well its working for you
presure2
QUOTE (Smaay @ Aug 20, 2008 - 11:44 AM) *
like the title says, im trying to figure out management for my FTE project. i have a 97 5S and im using my stock All-Trac manifold and turbo and downpipe. i have a set of the RX7 injectors already. im just looking for some concrete results of the S-AFC on this type of setup. im also considering the AEM FIC. But i want AFC results, please post your setup and how well its working for you

most guys here, including myself are useing or have used the SAFCII. (i used it for ~2yrs before i upgraded to the EMU.
i got what i needed out of it, it does the job.
the manual blows, but the unit itself works well, provided its installed and programed properly.
Smaay
Thanks Manny for all your input, for this simple of a setup and only 7-8 psi the S-AFC will do the job. with the stock ECU pull timing when knock is detected?
presure2
QUOTE (Smaay @ Aug 20, 2008 - 12:22 PM) *
Thanks Manny for all your input, for this simple of a setup and only 7-8 psi the S-AFC will do the job. with the stock ECU pull timing when knock is detected?

yup. it works quite well for a low boost setup.
one thing tho.. if your only planning on running 7-8psi, those injectors are gonna be WAY big. somthing like 360-90cc's would be much easier to control, and get you better gas milage cruising.
IIRC dustin (batman722) had picked up a set, i cant remember what they are from, but IIRC they were like 390cc or somthing, but he sold them when he sold his turbo stuff.
Batman722
mazda RX-8 injectors, look for some on ebay.
WALKER
I also found that the 3SGE BEAMS engines (not sure if all or just some) came with 372cc injectors, I have a set of those. The part number is 23250-74160.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.