Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My 3s progress
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Forced Induction
6g25th
So, after waiting 7 months for some D-bag to basically tell me that he wouldn't be able to finish my 3s swap, I got my car towed back on tuesday. The motor's in except for the passenger mount and my car is kinda in pieces. The shop that I brought it to is called East Coast Swappers, so if your looking to swap don't bring it there. Not only was the car not finished, but the guy was missing like $600 worth of my parts and I also paied him $800 up front to do the job. Lastly, my car was broken into and they ripped the door handle off of the passenger door. Good news is my buddy is a mechanic and he is going to finish the swap for me, it should be done pretty soon. I just have one question, do 3sgte motors run non-interference? I was told all toyota motors are, but idk just wanna make sure because I may not change the timing belt that is on the motor now.
Batman722
It's non-interference.

don't take this the wrong way but you'de be a fool not to change the timing belt (and tensioners and water pump).
RavenAegis45
QUOTE (Batman722 @ Aug 21, 2008 - 11:45 PM) *
It's non-interference.

don't take this the wrong way but you'de be a fool not to change the timing belt (and tensioners and water pump).

I concur, its always best to do this when the Engines outta the car, be grateful you don't own a turbo MR2, thats a mission to change it in that car
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.