Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: intercooler efficency
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Forced Induction
easternpiro1
I was doing some research on intercooler coloring. i dont want to pay 200 bucks to have it anodized and have been thinking about applying one or two THIN coats of some sort of paint. bbq grill paint was suggested on a subie forum but i think theyre crazy. i searched autozone but found no results. im leaning toward a type of radiator paint that i saw.

I also read that greddy did some research on teh efficiency of a painted i/c and found no significant detrimental effects.

what paint would you guys suggest? im going sleeper look because after all, a ninja turtle should be stealthy right? wink.gif
x_itchy_b_x
its fine to paint. nothing will happen, don't even worry about what type of paint you use. the difference will be soooo minuscule nothing will change except the color of your IC.
sleeper look biggrin.gif
easternpiro1
QUOTE (x_itchy_b_x @ Aug 21, 2008 - 10:41 PM) *
its fine to paint. nothing will happen, don't even worry about what type of paint you use. the difference will be soooo minuscule nothing will change except the color of your IC.
sleeper look biggrin.gif

thanks itchy!
FunkySR
paint it...this is what i did#

GTSOwner
Radiator paint ideally, but like itchy said, the difference will be miniscule, as long as you don't apply so much paint as to clog the fins wink.gif
Galcobar
And if you're smart, only paint the visible sections, to minimise whatever effect there might be.
easternpiro1
nice! me likes! i think i will be painting the piping as well...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.