Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WtA inercooler setup question
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Forced Induction
02bluerolla
well i was looking intop getting the WtA intercooler setup from a st205 or st185 rc, but i can only just find the intercooler. What els do i need to make it work on my 3sgte swapped celica?
Insanity-74
Chargecooler
radiator
pump
pipework
something to turn the pump on and off....either the ECU or a switch system
02bluerolla
QUOTE (Insanity-74 @ Aug 22, 2008 - 3:33 PM) *
Chargecooler
radiator
pump
pipework
something to turn the pump on and off....either the ECU or a switch system

am guessing thats the intercooler lol .

well can i use a st165 pump? i found one for 50$.... also is there a way i can buy the radiotor and lines from toyota?
DEATH
Yeah but you still need the radiator, pump and all that other stuff he was talking about. It's actually quite a bit of stuff to install.
BTW - I got parts for you in my garage, come by - bring $$$ wink.gif

QUOTE (02bluerolla @ Aug 22, 2008 - 3:43 PM) *
also is there a way i can buy the radiotor and lines from toyota?

Not likely unless you can find a place that will order stuff they don't normally get here in the states. Do you have AC? I don't see why you couldn't convert your AC heat exchanger to a heat exchanger for the W2A - maybe someone else will know why not or confirm that would work [It looks to be very similar tho]
bccentaur3
I basically paid less than 200 dollars for my wt2 set-up. I bought trailor riggin parts. It runs like a charm. btw is it bad to have the pump run all the time? I just now added a switch, but is it bad to keep it running?
02bluerolla
QUOTE (bccentaur3 @ Aug 22, 2008 - 3:58 PM) *
I basically paid less than 200 dollars for my wt2 set-up. I bought trailor riggin parts. It runs like a charm. btw is it bad to have the pump run all the time? I just now added a switch, but is it bad to keep it running?

what do you mean by that lol? i really want to get a wta setup but iam just stumped cause i cant find the part ....
DEATH
All the time as in ALL the time? or all the time as in all the time the car is running?
02bluerolla
QUOTE (DEATH @ Aug 22, 2008 - 3:54 PM) *
Yeah but you still need the radiator, pump and all that other stuff he was talking about. It's actually quite a bit of stuff to install.
BTW - I got parts for you in my garage, come by - bring $$$ wink.gif

QUOTE (02bluerolla @ Aug 22, 2008 - 3:43 PM) *
also is there a way i can buy the radiotor and lines from toyota?

Not likely unless you can find a place that will order stuff they don't normally get here in the states. Do you have AC? I don't see why you couldn't convert your AC heat exchanger to a heat exchanger for the W2A - maybe someone else will know why not or confirm that would work [It looks to be very similar tho]

lol yeah i still want the adapter plate for my intake and other stuff
bccentaur3
Trailor riggin. The pump I used a bait well pump, which has held up good so far. Coolant lines I bought from napa. I made a switch to turn the pump on and off, But I run it all te time while the car is running. Sorry for not being clear. For the heat exchanger, since I'm not using ac or my swap, I opted to use the ac condensor. It works good with zero leaks.
02bluerolla
QUOTE (bccentaur3 @ Aug 22, 2008 - 4:04 PM) *
Trailor riggin. The pump I used a bait well pump, which has held up good so far. Coolant lines I bought from napa. I made a switch to turn the pump on and off, But I run it all te time while the car is running. Sorry for not being clear. For the heat exchanger, since I'm not using ac or my swap, I opted to use the ac condensor. It works good with zero leaks.

hmmmm do you have any pics of how you routed the coolant lines? a m thinking of doing this insstead biggrin.gif
bccentaur3
I'll take pics of them right now and will upload it. h/o
02bluerolla
QUOTE (bccentaur3 @ Aug 22, 2008 - 4:15 PM) *
I'll take pics of them right now and will upload it. h/o

thanks dude biggrin.gif
bccentaur3
uploading right now. Now keep in mind non of this is pretty. I'll tell you one thing though. It WORKS. Sorry for the mess because I am dropping in LSD e153 tranny at the moment. Just waiting on the fed ex guy with my clutch disk.
02bluerolla
QUOTE (bccentaur3 @ Aug 22, 2008 - 4:23 PM) *
uploading right now. Now keep in mind non of this is pretty. I'll tell you one thing though. It WORKS. Sorry for the mess because I am dropping in LSD e153 tranny at the moment. Just waiting on the fed ex guy with my clutch disk.

lol NICE how much did you pay for the tranny if you dont mind me asking
bccentaur3
400 shipped came with axles too.

okay keep in mind this is a 3rd gen w2a on a 2nd gen swap with the factory ct26 turbo.
DEATH
Pics don't work?
bccentaur3

Does anyone know what the part number is for te toyota sticker on top of the w2a ic?
bccentaur3
QUOTE (DEATH @ Aug 22, 2008 - 4:55 PM) *
Pics don't work?

Jut posted them. I had my gf do the uploading while i was outside putting in the 3s clutch disc i just finally got.
02bluerolla
QUOTE (bccentaur3 @ Aug 22, 2008 - 5:00 PM) *

Does anyone know what the part number is for te toyota sticker on top of the w2a ic?

thanks dude this really helped me out biggrin.gif
02bluerolla
ok i found just the intercooler for sale but he wants 350 already shipped ...is this a good deal? how much do this usually go for?
02bluerolla
anyone?
bccentaur3
For just the core? I think thats what they normally go for if not MORE.
02bluerolla
QUOTE (bccentaur3 @ Aug 23, 2008 - 8:27 PM) *
For just the core? I think thats what they normally go for if not MORE.

ok thanks again dude
DEATH
IDK about that. I've kicked the idea of going WTA for a long time and so I always watch the FS and I'm sure I've seen the entire setup go for $400. To pay $350 for just the cooler itself that still leaves you alot of parts to turn this into a very costly setup.
I'd keep looking and try to find the entire setup if I was you. Just my .02
presure2
QUOTE (02bluerolla @ Aug 23, 2008 - 12:12 PM) *
ok i found just the intercooler for sale but he wants 350 already shipped ...is this a good deal? how much do this usually go for?

you can usually find the whole setup, IC, HE, pump and lines for ~5-600 shipped.

i wouldnt use the A/c condenser...its not made for water.
DEATH
QUOTE (presure2 @ Aug 26, 2008 - 11:07 AM) *
i wouldnt use the A/c condenser...its not made for water.

I thought there might be a materials issue there - that's why I posted it as a possiblity and defered to others. Thanks for confirming that.
playr158
Mustang cobra OEM heat exchanger (ebay)
Johnson water pump (ebay)
electrical switch (radioshack)
lines (advanced auto/whatever)
chargecooler (spearco)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.