Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 3s motor
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Forced Induction
6g25th
I ordered my 3s motor about 2 years ago from this sunrise japanese place in canada. The guy said it was an st205 motor, but I have been looking recently and it say's that the st205 had a ct20b turbo on it, but for some reason my motor has a ct26! The motor has a black tmic that says twin entry turbo, but the turbo seems to be the wrong one. Could I have a st185rc motor or was the turbo changed or something?
presure2
QUOTE (6g25th @ Aug 23, 2008 - 7:03 PM) *
I ordered my 3s motor about 2 years ago from this sunrise japanese place in canada. The guy said it was an st205 motor, but I have been looking recently and it say's that the st205 had a ct20b turbo on it, but for some reason my motor has a ct26! The motor has a black tmic that says twin entry turbo, but the turbo seems to be the wrong one. Could I have a st185rc motor or was the turbo changed or something?

if its got a top mount, air to air IC, its a 185.
the 185rc and 205 both have water to air intercoolers.

one good pic and we can tell you for sure.
jcaron9gt4
I thought only the wrc 205s came with the 20b?
bccentaur3
No. All 3rd gen 3sgte came with the ct20b. Including the mr2 T
Cuts_the_Pilot
the 205 wta tmic have the toyota symbol and "200 twin entry turbo" written on them, but the 185 ata tmic also say twin entry turbo...and jdm ones usually also say "ceramics power"
the 185 wta just have "celica" and nothing else.

does the turbo say ct26? all ct20b just say toyota as far as i know. and yes bccentaur is correct, gen3 all have ct20b not just the 205.

its possible its a gen3 with a ct26, they could have popped the 20b and they had access to a 26 cheap. Or you could have been stooged and sold an inferior motor tongue.gif.
darthripley
one of the easiest ways to tell a 2nd gen from a 3rd gen 3sgte is the oil filter location.

if it's on the top to the right of the alternator, you got yourself a 2nd gen motor from a ST185.

if the oil filter is on the bottom of the motor making it way easier to change the oil that would be a 3rd gen motor from a ST205.
DEATH
Why do people have such a hard time with the second gen filter placement? I've never had a problem changing it by hand and the angle makes little to no mess when you take the old filter off - perfect IMO.
easternpiro1
and here i thought the ct20beast was only on the st215 lol
DEATH
Nope but yours is different than theirs wink.gif
darthripley
QUOTE (DEATH @ Aug 26, 2008 - 3:52 PM) *
Why do people have such a hard time with the second gen filter placement? I've never had a problem changing it by hand and the angle makes little to no mess when you take the old filter off - perfect IMO.

you actually have room in your engine bay - try it in a gt-four & it's a different story tongue.gif
easternpiro1
QUOTE (DEATH @ Aug 28, 2008 - 11:54 PM) *
Nope but yours is different than theirs wink.gif

how? besides the manifold being attatched?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.