Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Throttle Resonse
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
white97
okay so i got the 4a in with the right throttle cable but my question is, does anyone know why theres a little bit of a delay with the throttle?
GriffGirl
Sticking, IDK what it's actually called, but that round metal flappy valve thing that opens up on the TB when you accelerate. It can get pretty gunky over time and built up with carbon, which can cause it to stick. If you remove your TB and clean it thoroughly (being mindful of the plastic sensors, of course) you may notice a nice difference in throttle response.

Also, be sure your cap, rotor, plugs, wires and air filter are not worn down/dirty. These will also delay throttle response.
Bitter
fuel pressure problem?
white97
im not sure i had another post about whether i needed to upgrade the fuel pump from the stock 7afe one but the guys told me it'd be fine to run the stock one. i was thinking that might be, almost like its not getting enough pressure. it might be that i havent driven it in a while and it may just need to let the fuel thats been sitting in it run through again im really not sure.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.