Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: From 95 Celica GT to 95 Celica GT4 Baby
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Forced Induction
Gt4soldier24
Well guess.. ever since i bought my Celica GT ive been wondering how its gonna b with a GT4 motor swapped in.. not that dream is a reality.. I just orederd my ST205 engine today and im setting this project off.. Well currently ive done all I can do to my beloved Celica GT motor besides get a turbo.. I would say overall im 21-10 Win-Loss Racing my baby.. my most great defeat was when I beat a Ford Taurus Show (stock 250 hp) off the line for a victory.. although if the race was longer he woulda won because of obvious top end reasons.. I think the max HP i had with my Celica GT was 165.. maybe more.. I added a cold air intake (K&N), performance headers, exhaust, and chip. Yea.. it held its own with a winning record overall.. but the 10 losses i had were all cars that are labeled "deadly" in the USA. Myd efeats were to a Infinity G35, Mitsbushi EVO, Nissan 350Z, Subaru WRX(Not STI.. u must b kiddin if ir ace that wit a celica GT) and the honda S2000. Trust when the swap is done.. I will find all these ppl that beat me before and were so happy b/c they barely beat a 130 HP stock car with their over 225+ HP cars.. and I will destroy them all!! I am a serious EVO hater and I will very shortly get a UK Liscense Plate that reads "EVOKILLR". But I had fun with the Celica GT engine.. I belive they are extremly quick off the line.. they just lack in top end speed.. and thats where the GT4 comes into play.. smile.gif Ill have pics on this post when the swap is complete smile.gif
DEATH
Flame retardant suit and sunglasses on tongue.gif
snapshotgt
QUOTE (Gt4soldier24 @ Aug 26, 2008 - 2:12 PM) *
I think the max HP i had with my Celica GT was 165.. maybe more.. I added a cold air intake (K&N), performance headers, exhaust, and chip.

Dyno chart please. rolleyes.gif

1bwilson
Where at in MD are you? Whos doing to work for you? I know almost all the shops in the northern 1/2 of MD and would love to swing by and take a look at the work being done. Where did you get the clip from?
bccentaur3
You street race? Thats so Fast and the Furious 1 lol....
Gt4soldier24
well.. i dont think my celica GT is worth a Dyno.. but im thinkin its aroun 140-165 b/c of the mods but i could b wrong.. and i dont street race lol.. those races were jus from 0-60.. all of em.. i only track race.. and i ahve a japanese mechanic somewhere in amryland doing the swap for me.. hes our family mechanic.. but i will bring my car to rockville pike one day if u wanna check it out.. it should b complete next week smile.gif
Gt4soldier24
oh and i bout the motor from Nagan Japanese website.. it was a complete motor.. im gonna buy the front bumper and hood seperate.. by the way.. i love ur raiser blocks.. it looks sweet.. dude.. im at towson rite now for school.. but i live around burtonsville.. where in MD are you located?
bccentaur3
With the mods to the wheels, maybe 110. Hold on you bought a motor set? Did it come with the harness, ecu, ignitor, 3rd ecu plug, fuel pump relay? You will need these.
Gt4soldier24
yea man it comes with every thing.. all the plugs and sensors ecu harness clutch flywheel.. its basically a clip minus the body
purplegt4
QUOTE (Gt4soldier24 @ Aug 26, 2008 - 5:40 PM) *
i dont street race lol.. those races were jus from 0-60.. all of em.. i only track race..

did they know you were racing them?
bccentaur3
^ lol...
Gt4soldier24
yea they did know i was racing.. it was there idea b/c my headers and exhaust wtithout the resignator made my car sound like a muscle car.. so they would always want to race me.. think i ahd like 250+ hp in my car haha
playr158
BWAHAHA

i'm in rockville right now...
bring me your car or who/what shop is doing the motor swap?

lets see if you can beat my beater jetta laugh.gif

and the r1cer lot = fail

and finally
Batman722
QUOTE (Gt4soldier24 @ Aug 26, 2008 - 3:12 PM) *
I think the max HP i had with my Celica GT was 165.. maybe more..

haha 165...maybe more !!

QUOTE (Gt4soldier24 @ Aug 26, 2008 - 3:12 PM) *
I added a cold air intake (K&N), performance headers, exhaust, and chip. Yea.. Ill have pics on this post when the swap is complete smile.gif

how many headers did you have ? hahahaha
this is going to be a great great swap post.
lagos
SIK RAECS BRO!!!11 OMG WTF WHAN UR DONA U B DA EVO KILAR FOR SURA!!11!!!!! WTF LOL NOTHNG CAN 2UCH TEH MAD TIGHT JDM SWAP POWER!!!11 LOL
Fastbird
Celica's in stock trim don't race ANYTHING, but they sure do look pretty and are dang reliable.
Taskbot
I dunno, if you collected a whole bunch of ricer kids with built engines and awesome sound systems and one seasoned ST204 owner and put them on a sports car track I'm pretty sure the Celica would win wink.gif. Its unlikely that would ever happen though, but one can dream.

x_itchy_b_x
you guys are bad. take it easy man, dont tell us your paul walker, the less "race" stuff you post the better.
congrats and drive safe.
GTSOwner
QUOTE (DEATH @ Aug 26, 2008 - 3:24 PM) *
Flame retardant suit and sunglasses on tongue.gif

You forgot the popcorn.

Subscribing.
manphibian
Ok, this thread sucks.

'when' you have some proper info of your swap, make a new thread.

and next time, leave out the dumb racing stories and made up figures.

closed.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.