Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: more power on 7afe
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
zoik
Hey guys, i need to know how much gain you can expect when tunning your engine with a SAFC.
Thank you
phoenix6
Ive been doing my research on this, I too have a 7aFE, almost entirely stock.

For tuning a SAFC youre going to almost NEED a wideband setup to see your afr.

Also its close to pointless in my understanding without any supporting mods.

The best bet for power in these engines lies in boost, NA on this wont take you very far at all to my understanding.
zoik
yes i agree that without supporting mods its useless, but im doing a little research about it because i will need it if i decide to concretise my project (high compressions 7afe)
phoenix6
Oh OK gotcha.

Yeah Ive been researching the whole NA power possibility. Im going SAFC II bc my GF has an extra for me, but Ill be tossing in a T25 in december for boost.

Good luck with the project.
FunkySR
QUOTE (phoenix6 @ Aug 28, 2008 - 7:19 PM) *
Oh OK gotcha.

Yeah Ive been researching the whole NA power possibility. Im going SAFC II bc my GF has an extra for me, but Ill be tossing in a T25 in december for boost.

Good luck with the project.

ah man after own heart.

I had an SAFC 2 installed and mapped before i fitted my T25 turbo conversion and still running my SAFC2 until my AEM turns up next week.

I would recommend a wide band and no point unless you have at least intake and exhaust system. Also fit a sports cat if you can.

J
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.