Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Front Mount Intercooler
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Forced Induction
dnyluong
Hey guys, just wondering where you've found intercooler kits that fit, I'm not sure of the dimensions on our cars, so any links would be much appreciated.
DEATH
Fits as in what - no modification to the USDM bumpers or crash bar [like mine]? Or one that will fit the GT4 bumper and crash bar? really you need to size it according to your needs. What motor, what Turbo?
dnyluong
Well the 2nd gen 3SGTE most likely, fit for the USDM bumpers like yours
DEATH
I'll get you measurements on mine in a few when I take a break to smoke. BRB
dnyluong
TYTY boss, where'd you get yours?
DEATH
OK - sorry it took me so long [I got caught up ina business meeting and then a fiasco with Griffgirls parts shipment with UPS] - anyway.
My FMIC is 32" x 4" x 12". Some of the 12" height extends behind the crash bar but only about the last .5" - any taller than that and it's gonna stick out the bottom and drag on speedbumps or stick to high and not provide proper cooling cause there is no airflow past the crash bar.
That 32" in length is from inlet to outlet and it could stand to be slightly longer if you wanted - I'd say you could get away with 36". The 4" depth is perfect and leaves plenty of clearance on either side but you could fit a 6" core in there if you wanted [Probably overkill on a modestly moded 3S tho - allow yourself some wiggle room to be sure so 4" not more than 5" say]
Hope this helps. biggrin.gif
playr158
i have a 3" core FMIC i need to get rid of. pretty cheap too.
DEATH
[ laugh.gif Thread hijack in progress laugh.gif ].
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.