Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: oversized pistons??
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Forced Induction
PHANTOM_GT
soo im boostin the ol 5sfe!! and im lookin for oversized pistons,, how much over can i go over and still be in the safe zone. where can i get these pistons from??
1bwilson
No offense but you should spend your money on a reliable build before looking into building your bottom end. Manny has proven you dont need a built bottom end to put down some insane numbers. Just save that extra cash for good tuning.
PHANTOM_GT
QUOTE (1bwilson @ Aug 28, 2008 - 6:40 PM) *
No offense but you should spend your money on a reliable build before looking into building your bottom end. Manny has proven you dont need a built bottom end to put down some insane numbers. Just save that extra cash for good tuning.

im not lookin 4 insane numbers... i just want aliitle more power.. and im rebuilding the motor anyways and if im going to get new pistons rods etc. why not get better!! and im also going to get good tunning!! wut ECUs are out there for good tuning??
1bwilson
Theres alot of standalones out there or you could use a Emanage. If your going to upgrade the pistons Id just get forged ones from CP... As for oversized Im not sure how large you can go but I still wouldnt recomend going any larger then what you have now. In the FAQ section of the FI forums theres a 5sfTe post. My olddddddd parts list is darn near out of date besides the basic parts. Read Pressures 5sfte thread front to back though. The more you know now the less you need to find out later.
PHANTOM_GT
well im lookin at the greddy emanage,, i like!! i just dont see a harnest that connects.. soo wut harnest do i get??.. and im still lookin on borein cylinders,, has anyone done it.. if soo iz there a gain in power??
Smaay
you dont need to go oversize, just hone the cylinder walls and you will be fine. check out www.boomslang.us they make patch harnesses
Consynx
i disappear a lot from this website, but from what I know nobody has bored their cylinders and used oversized pistons.
Since you only want a small gain in power, stick to stock sized. The power gain you want will all be had in the added pressure and tuning.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.