Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: swap price
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
Dtuner17
how much will it cost to swap a 3sgte into my 97 gt if i do everything myself including all needed parts to complete

sorry i clicked post twice cuz it wouldnt load
caszboy
swap here is the link...it says about $4000.
Dr_Tweak
Plan on spending $5000 to $6000 if you're going to do everything right.

-Doc
Dtuner17
i have one more question. my gt got about 170k miles how much would i need to spend to rebuild it for a turbo?
CelicaST_CALI
if the engine runs well you could easily turbo that...170k is young in toyota years wink.gif

if u need to rebuild it teh price really depends on wat u wanna replace and the quality and if u can do it urself..
Dtuner17
i can do it myself . do you think i would need to replace interals ?
95st-celica
QUOTE (Dtuner17 @ Sep 4, 2008 - 3:16 PM) *
i can do it myself . do you think i would need to replace interals ?

170 on the clock for a toyota isnt great but its not bad...you could easily get away with another 80-100k with simple bolt-ons but if your planing on turboing it i would get it rebuilt because it will blow sooner or later..your prolly looking around 3-4k to turbo it, rebuild it, and have it done the right way
Dtuner17
is it worth it or should i go for the swap?
bccentaur3
If you plan to rebuild for power do it all up. I'm talking about 3s rods with your 5s crank. Turn down the crank to accept the rod and get some forged pistons in there. Factory 5s crank with factory 3s rods or go with pauter rods and forged cp pistons. You're probably set there on the block. Now the head, where all the gains are made on the 5s. Get your head a port and polish job. And most importantly get your cams regrind. Get a valve job done and boost that baby. You'll make huge gains, but then again thats just the build. You're still going to need your turbo parts. Parts alone will cost you up to 3 thousand. The turbo parts plus rebuild, not my way of going. Just get a 3s swap and minor stuff will get you to 270 to the wheels.
Dtuner17
QUOTE (bccentaur3 @ Sep 4, 2008 - 5:16 PM) *
If you plan to rebuild for power do it all up. I'm talking about 3s rods with your 5s crank. Turn down the crank to accept the rod and get some forged pistons in there. Factory 5s crank with factory 3s rods or go with pauter rods and forged cp pistons. You're probably set there on the block. Now the head, where all the gains are made on the 5s. Get your head a port and polish job. And most importantly get your cams regrind. Get a valve job done and boost that baby. You'll make huge gains, but then again thats just the build. You're still going to need your turbo parts. Parts alone will cost you up to 3 thousand. The turbo parts plus rebuild, not my way of going. Just get a 3s swap and minor stuff will get you to 270 to the wheels.

ok so if i rebuild it with the 3s rods and cp pistons and also do the head how much of a gain would i get?
bccentaur3
Numbers of the regrind cams prove that we can get 20 hp from factory. Open up the ports on the 5s head and building the block to take the abuse. I don't know. Check out mr2oc.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.