Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What is this..??
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
eduardorq
I have choseen a motor pic of Hafkai's celica, i hope he doesn't disturb.

Thanks.
brthrurik
pretty sure those are the ABS controls...
njccmd2002
yup
eduardorq
Them..... frown.gif frown.gif frown.gif frown.gif frown.gif frown.gif frown.gif frown.gif frown.gif ......

My celica hasn't ABS...!!?? are you sure..?? cwm13.gif

bye cruel world...!! laugh.gif
azian_advanced
where you are located, abs won't help you much unless you slam on your brakes a lot... tongue.gif
Remy
Maybe he did the GT calipers/rotors and ABS conversion. smile.gif
eduardorq
This is my empty...

but it's curious because i've pre-installation ABS wires/harness.... i supose them my brakes accept abs system. if all this would be true... only i've to get ABS module or something more?
D-Man
QUOTE (eduardorq @ Sep 4, 2008 - 9:57 AM) *
This is my empty...

but it's curious because i've pre-installation ABS wires/harness.... i supose them my brakes accept abs system. if all this would be true... only i've to get ABS module or something more?

It's cool dude, i dont have it either. But for the factory to make things easier, they made one wiring harness per chassis. That way, they can install w/e they want, based on the demand for these features. It's easier to just have the harness ready to add on, than to have 50 different wiring harness. wink.gif

So yes, we can add ABS, and the wiring will be ready to go. all we'd have to do wiring-wise is add a fuse port and a fuse biggrin.gif

EDIT: my poor grammer
eduardorq
Yes.! when i installed my front fog lights, the harness was already.... plug & "bright".... laugh.gif
but the cruise control harness doesn't installed... and i will buy the cruise control harness to install the ST cruise control that it's different on GT chassis.

maybe i will do some HOW-TOs.... tongue.gif

Somebody doesn't need your ABS systemmmmmmm.......!!!!!!?????

i will looking for on Buying/Selling forum woot.gif
GriffGirl
Unless you drive in rain or snow a lot, you really don't need ABS, I think it's an extra expense that you won't really gain any benefit from.
D-Man
QUOTE (eduardorq @ Sep 4, 2008 - 11:31 AM) *
maybe i will do some HOW-TOs.... tongue.gif
I'll be excited to see it!!

Good luck bro.
eduardorq
QUOTE (GriffGirl @ Sep 4, 2008 - 5:35 PM) *
Unless you drive in rain or snow a lot, you really don't need ABS, I think it's an extra expense that you won't really gain any benefit from.

ABS not only for rain or snow, also to avoid accidents when you hard break in locations inexpected, for example, a dog/cat crossing a highway.....
GriffGirl
Oh I know that, I'm just saying, I've had cars w/ABS and cars w/out, and truthfully I've found ABS only to be helpful in those conditions. I guess unless you slam on your brakes and skid a long way to cause enough heat for them to lock up, ABS isn't really all that great IMO. It's just more sensors to fail on you. Totally just my opinion though.
Terracar
A dog or cat crossing the highway is no longer called cat /dog, they are referred to as speed bumps, greasy spots, or roadkill... or a big traffic jam laugh.gif

Though I do have to admit the ABS on my former Celica saved my arse a few times in emergency situations.

-Terracar
96bluevert
A How-To would definately be nice!...I wish I had ABS frown.gif
GriffGirl
Ah, divine words from the rainy Pacific Northwest!

I'm admittedly kinda old school too, I was taught "back in the day" to pump the brakes, a habit I never really broke myself of. Think of it as "manual ABS" laugh.gif
D-Man
QUOTE (GriffGirl @ Sep 4, 2008 - 1:37 PM) *

I'm admittedly kinda old school too, I was taught "back in the day" to pump the brakes, a habit I never really broke myself of. Think of it as "manual ABS" laugh.gif

Goes nicely with a manual transmision. Do you have Manual Cruise Control too? tongue.gif (i do frown.gif )
Tech-Nics
frown.gif my ABS light is on.
GriffGirl
QUOTE (D-Man @ Sep 4, 2008 - 11:53 AM) *
QUOTE (GriffGirl @ Sep 4, 2008 - 1:37 PM) *

Goes nicely with a manual transmision. Do you have Manual Cruise Control too? tongue.gif (i do frown.gif )

Only when my g/f is behind the car pushing. LOL

j/k I have real cruise control, and I quite enjoy it!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.