Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Whats wrong with m car?
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Forced Induction
bccentaur3
Just got done going FMIC. Heres the overview:

25x12x3

Piping 2.5" all the way from the turbo.

Boost 11 psi.

So before I had a 3rd gen w2a, but decided to go fmic. I got done today and took it for a test drive. I stomped on it and it felt like th boost was climbing as usual, but then it seemed as if it hit a brick wall for like a milisecond and out of no where pull hard. That can't be turbo lag, because I felt the kick and then the stall and then the kick. What do you guys think it is?

after the first pull, my coupler blew off from the turbo, so I couldn't do any more pulls. It was getting too late. Will check on more tomorow.

Oh, could it be an ignition issue? I just changed out my plugs bkr7. Wires are semi-new.
DEATH
Was probably that the coupler started to relieve pressure right before it blew off. it's gonna take you a couple of times of blowing couplings off before you get them all tightened down and sealed up properly.
bccentaur3
you're right. I tightened everything down after work and I'm not feeling any lag what so ever.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.