Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What parts can or cant buy here in US for 3 Gen 3s?
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Forced Induction
erahman85
Well I am about to buy a front clip with 3rd gen 3s but I was thinking that I want to replace gaskets and misc parts but do all the 2nd gen parts fit on the 3rd gen 3sgte?
presure2
QUOTE (erahman85 @ Sep 6, 2008 - 6:59 PM) *
Well I am about to buy a front clip with 3rd gen 3s but I was thinking that I want to replace gaskets and misc parts but do all the 2nd gen parts fit on the 3rd gen 3sgte?

www.kbox.ca carries a bunch of 3rd gen specific parts, there are a few threads with PT #s ect in it over on mr2oc.
as well as the thread found here in the stickys.
i suggest spending a bit of time reading thru those threads, there is lots of good information to be had if you search for it.

http://www.6gc.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=56652
erahman85
so all those parts listed are not interchangeable???
Batman722
http://mr2oc.com/showthread.php?t=113
njccmd2002
for a beams and 3sgte engine they only had gasket set, what about pistons and stuff?
CELL_PROTOTYPE_X
Pretty sure 2nd and 3rd Gen 3sgte motors share the same internal parts, so cams, valvetrain, headgasket, pistons, rods.

QUOTE (njccmd2002 @ Sep 9, 2008 - 5:59 PM) *
for a beams and 3sgte engine they only had gasket set, what about pistons and stuff?

erahman85
Well that's good. I was looking to do some maintenance work before I put the engine in the car. So we'll see. I suppose I could buy the parts and if they don't fit I'll return them.
pitcelica
pistons, rod, crank, exhaust cam, cam gears, valves, springs are interchangeable, you can interchange the gen3 intake cam with gen 2 on but you will loose some duration and some lift. For the Headgasket, toyota use different P/N for gen2 and gen3... but I guess they are interchangeable.
Batman722
QUOTE (pitcelica @ Sep 10, 2008 - 5:40 PM) *
For the Headgasket, toyota use different P/N for gen2 and gen3... but I guess they are interchangeable.

sweet jesus no.

^^st185 single layer paper type

^^st205 multi-layer steel type

and both

the 205 hg is 1.4mm while the 185 is 1mm and the 205 has more jacket holes.
pitcelica
ok, thanks for the clarification, I was assuming that if you can put a gen3 head on a gen2 block, the headgaskets would be interchangeable.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.