Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2009 Celica Release
6G Celicas Forums > Other > Off Topic
94celi757
Anyone heard the rumors of the celica being revived in 2009 or maybe 2011. Im hearing that subaru is going to be doing the build on two platforms are rwd gt with 200 hp and a gt4 version turbocharged with 300 hp, sounds like a good look to bring the celica back but i dont know about another manufacturer building the car itself.
96bluevert
There have been rumors of this for a long time now...Too bad Toyota hasn't said anything definate about a Celica comeback yet. Supposedly the starting price is around $20k, which isn't bad for 200hp and rwd, but no one knows if this will actually happen.
Random_Stranger
I can almost bet it is going to be a "Celica", by name. Considering marketing wise, it has been doing so well over the years for being a sporty, yet reliable choice of vehicle.

Supra, being brought back by demand from the public/enthusiasts (Or I would imagine), but I doubt they will come out with a New Name vehicle any time soon. Unless they decide to reintroduce a Levin or Trueno by popularity here, but I seriously doubt that. I don't know much about all this NEW stuff. All I know is I can almost bet a kidney, that it will be called a Celica.

Either way, they sell! Might as well think "SELLica"
malpaso
It already has been discussed here.

QUOTE (malpaso @ Jul 22, 2008 - 8:49 AM) *
Yea... I have seen this picture on local sites as well plus rumors like:

- it will be made in cooperation with Subaru
- there will be two versions only:
a) GT with 2litre, 4cylinder "boxer" engine and rear wheel drive (?!) with 200HP
b) AWD GT (so no GT-four) with engine from Impreza STi with 300HP

But I still do not believe it's true...

for more read this article: http://www.motorauthority.com/news/coupes/...made-by-subaru/
BonzaiCelica
So i just have a question as to the 3rd generation 3sgte. It has to do with the same reason why subaru is joining up with toyota to make a new celica. Why does it say yamaha on the side of the 3rd gerneation 3sgte engine. Did yahama help toyota make that engine? Can anybody Answer my question?
Bitter
QUOTE (BonzaiCelica @ Sep 21, 2008 - 8:58 PM) *
So i just have a question as to the 3rd generation 3sgte. It has to do with the same reason why subaru is joining up with toyota to make a new celica. Why does it say yamaha on the side of the 3rd gerneation 3sgte engine. Did yahama help toyota make that engine? Can anybody Answer my question?

wikipedia can answer your yamaha question.
Spitrod

I hope that link that Malpaso posted doesn't become reality.
That's a long shot from the Celica's history...

The Celica had a rep for being ahead-of-the-curve..
and that car looks like any other car. Wouldn't even turn
my head on I-75..wouldn't even notice it, actually.
Akimbo
chances are it won't be released in the US, although I'd like to be wrong.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.