Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 4age trans bolt up to 7afe?
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
j0ch0a94ST
i've been having some slippage issues with my 94st...i was curious if anyone knew if the 4age transmission would bolt up directly to my 7afe? would there be any issues that i should take into consideration before attempting the swap? thanks
soulshadow
QUOTE (j0ch0a94ST @ Sep 12, 2008 - 1:52 PM) *
i've been having some slippage issues with my 94st...i was curious if anyone knew if the 4age transmission would bolt up directly to my 7afe? would there be any issues that i should take into consideration before attempting the swap? thanks

It should bolt up as long as your not using the 4age transmission off the MR2s where the shifters are reversed. Use all bolts and mounts off your old tranny. Clutch, flywheel and everything else is the same on the 4age.
j0ch0a94ST
QUOTE (soulshadow @ Sep 12, 2008 - 1:17 PM) *
QUOTE (j0ch0a94ST @ Sep 12, 2008 - 1:52 PM) *

It should bolt up as long as your not using the 4age transmission off the MR2s where the shifters are reversed. Use all bolts and mounts off your old tranny. Clutch, flywheel and everything else is the same on the 4age.

hey i really appeciate the help.
Kwanza26
They bolt up but the 4AGE trans are geared differently and will run the motor normally around 500 or so rpms faster. Might not really be a good thing...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.