Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Another Newb Doing a 3s swap NEED HELP!!!
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Forced Induction
Theshanon
Alright guys, so here i am.... sitting at home with an st205 motor sitting in my garage , and my celi sitting waiting for for it to go in. Wel if your wondering why i'm not out there doing the swap, i'm waiting for my converted harness to come in (compliments to Dr. Tweak) in the mean while, i'm having a hard time trying to source out which sensors i'm missing, and i'm getting confused. People are telling me i need an AFM sensor, but as far as i know the 3rd gen 3s motors use a MAP sensor. Now just to get you guys on the same level as me i did not buy a st205 clip.... i just bought the motor with ecu. it came with a harness but it was at the end where it goes into the firewall.

Anyways im having trouble figuring out what i'm missing and what i may use as an alternative to replace some of the parts i may end up missing. Like what parts may i be able to reuse from my 5sfe, and from a 2nd or 1st gen 3s motor. Also i'm getting confused with this too! i installed a dual friction centre force clutch for my 5sfe, and i got the clutch kit with the 3s motor, can i use my centre force clutch? or should i just leave the 3s clutch? THANKS GUYS!!!!!!!!!!
also i'm sorry im not sounding clear, if you got any question that can help you out a bit more in figuring out how to help me then let me know!

also i think this is genius, which someone made one for the celi with a 3rdgen swap to it =( http://images.google.ca/imgres?imgurl=http...v%3D2%26hl%3Den
azian_advanced
there is. clicky here
Supersprynt
The harness was at the end where the firewall is? Does that mean it's cut? This is one of the things you look out for when buying a motor, a full harness. Very important. This is also why you do all your research before you go buy something.

There is no AFM on the ST205.

Your going to be using the 3SGTE pressure plate and flywheel with the 5sfe disc.

And do you mean you got a NEW clutch kit with the motor or you have a clutch still attached to the motor because there's no way I'd be using that clutch if it came on the motor.
Theshanon
QUOTE (azian_advanced @ Sep 24, 2008 - 5:54 PM) *
there is. clicky here

haha thanks that helped me identify alot of things i could be missing, wish i could enlarge it though =(, now does the TPS sensor work as the MAP? or are they two completly different things :| would i be able to use one off of an mr2, supra or maybe alltrac?

and also supersprynt, please read everything word for word before posting a reply.....i apprieciate the help what i may need to use for my clutch set up
but the rest was like you made up things i said and tried to be a smart guy, i already stated i was getting a harness made (just was trying to keep you guys up to date with what i have) and thanks.... i have done my research... and i never said anything about a "new" clutch kit..... but i do appriciate your time, thanks...
RUNNIN-LOW
well the third gen using the map sensor..go and look for one on mr2oc someone on there is always posting 3rd gen part outs...no you dont need a afm thats only for 2nd gens..yeah im not going rag on you for not buyin a motor with a un-cut harness..but yeah always always make sure youread before you buy..but tweak is very good so he should have everything figured out..all of the 3sgte motors need a map sensor to start out with, unless you go full stand alone then yeah they give you one or the tunner will rig one up for you...but still im not the pro at all this...
Theshanon
can i use an ignitor and fuel resistor pack from the 2nd gen motors?? (mr2 or all trac) THANKS!

QUOTE (RUNNIN-LOW @ Sep 25, 2008 - 2:35 PM) *
well the third gen using the map sensor..go and look for one on mr2oc someone on there is always posting 3rd gen part outs...no you dont need a afm thats only for 2nd gens..yeah im not going rag on you for not buyin a motor with a un-cut harness..but yeah always always make sure youread before you buy..but tweak is very good so he should have everything figured out..all of the 3sgte motors need a map sensor to start out with, unless you go full stand alone then yeah they give you one or the tunner will rig one up for you...but still im not the pro at all this...

btw thanks for the heads, ordered one through mr2oc with the help from dr.tweak =) should be here soon!!! btw got the motor with ECU for a steal =)
sammieannie87
Hey its Will on sammies name. You can reuse the 5s ignitor. The 2nd gen ignitor won't work.
Theshanon
oh yeah right?? hmm now what about for the resistor packs? is there anything else i may need? i ordered a 3rd gen map sensor, i got my wiring harness, i know i'll need a fuel pump (walbaro 255 or one from a supra) i should be pulling out my old motor tomorrow.... i just got my engine jack
RUNNIN-LOW
well you need to get the injector resistor pack from a mr2 or all trac..unless you can find the st205 one then your be fine. the supra fuel pump is quiet but i havent seen how much it cost yet..i got a warblo one for a decent price..i think tweak had some for sale hook up with him again.
Theshanon
so my resistor packs and fuel pump should be here shortly, thanks to dr. tweak!!! i got a new 3s pressure plate and had my flywheel machiened. The tranny is now bolted up with the motor and just waiting to be dropped in. I'll take pics tomorrow!!! also do i need to replace my 5s rad??
azian_advanced
from what i've read, you can use the stock radiator.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.