Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I'm thinking about selling her....
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
-Samurai-
Hey all, I'm thinking about selling her frown.gif ...I really don't want to. But for me to be able to afford insurance I might have to do it but i don't know yet. Any thoughts? or suggested value price?...Thanks guys

daazndood
In order to afford insurance for your car, you are planning on selling your car.
-Samurai-
QUOTE (daazndood @ Sep 28, 2008 - 12:59 AM) *
In order to afford insurance for your car, you are planning on selling your car.

No...I cant afford the insurance for it, that's what I mean. Well I can but I need more money for other things. I could buy a whole other 6gc in 2 years for how much I'm spending on the insurance for it. It sucks!
Tech-Nics
Been there thats why I have a Celica now. Much cheaper insurance than my older car. I would sell it for about anywhere between $3500 - $4000. Sad that you have to leave such a rare celica with that paint job, but hey what else your gonna do. If you need more cash then you need more cash....

Nice celica btw. good luck with selling it. Although i do recommend keeping it and just earning more money. I would.
but i live in NEW YORK. so I had no option but to sell my car cause here everything is way to expensive.
njccmd2002
are you paying full coverage, maybe why. Liability shouldnt be too bad. maybe will be cheaper
-Samurai-
QUOTE (njccmd2002 @ Sep 28, 2008 - 5:45 PM) *
are you paying full coverage, maybe why. Liability shouldnt be too bad. maybe will be cheaper

no I pay around 2200 a year for only liability frown.gif
njccmd2002
ok then, how old are you? maybe change company, move from state, put the car under your parents?
-Samurai-
QUOTE (njccmd2002 @ Sep 28, 2008 - 10:28 PM) *
ok then, how old are you? maybe change company, move from state, put the car under your parents?

yep, i'm switching to progressive weather i sell the car or not because they are about 200 bucks cheaper. I'm 18, that's one reason why its high. I was actually thinking about fixing the Lexus SC300 with the money then I'll have like 3000 to spar for something else like rims for the Lex.
Tech-Nics
Sc300? straight V6 gas loving engine those SC300 & the 400 with the V8.
-Samurai-
QUOTE (Tech-Nics @ Sep 28, 2008 - 10:05 PM) *
Sc300? straight V6 gas loving engine those SC300 & the 400 with the V8.

Hell yeah man. got one alredy, the door and fender needs to be fixed thats all. i know the gas mileage isnt good but oh well. Yeah I've got the straight six sc300
99Celica
u definitely need to shop around for better insurance. Unless you've got 3 reckless driving tickets and are 16 then thats too high. I'm paying 90$ a month for 2 celica's, full coverage.
-Samurai-
QUOTE (99Celica @ Sep 29, 2008 - 2:10 PM) *
u definitely need to shop around for better insurance. Unless you've got 3 reckless driving tickets and are 16 then thats too high. I'm paying 90$ a month for 2 celica's, full coverage.

no, im 18 and i have 2 accidents under my belt. but only one involved another car. 1 for inattentive driving, and the other one was for driving to fast for conditions, but its bull**** because nobody was there to witness it, not the cops either. I was going 40 in a 55 zone, and since they didnt plow the damn roads enough I hit a drift around a corner and she slid right off the road, and it didnt help that I was driving the rwd sc300.
DEATH
QUOTE (-Samurai- @ Sep 28, 2008 - 10:34 PM) *

yep, i'm switching to progressive weather i sell the car or not because they are about 200 bucks cheaper. I'm 18, that's one reason why its high. I was actually thinking about fixing the Lexus SC300 with the money then I'll have like 3000 to spar for something else like rims for the Lex.

LOL - If you think the insurance is high on the Celica wait till you get your quote for that thing rolleyes.gif Awesome car tho.

QUOTE (-Samurai- @ Sep 29, 2008 - 2:14 PM) *

no, im 18 and i have 2 accidents under my belt. but only one involved another car. 1 for inattentive driving, and the other one was for driving to fast for conditions, but its bull**** because nobody was there to witness it, not the cops either. I was going 40 in a 55 zone, and since they didnt plow the damn roads enough I hit a drift around a corner and she slid right off the road, and it didnt help that I was driving the rwd sc300.

Then how did they find out about it?
-Samurai-
QUOTE (DEATH @ Sep 29, 2008 - 2:32 PM) *
QUOTE (-Samurai- @ Sep 28, 2008 - 10:34 PM) *

LOL - If you think the insurance is high on the Celica wait till you get your quote for that thing rolleyes.gif Awesome car tho.

QUOTE (-Samurai- @ Sep 29, 2008 - 2:14 PM) *

Then how did they find out about it?

I had to walk home because it happened like a mile from my house and they had already towed it out of the ditch by the time i went back up there, and the frickin towing bill was 300 bucks. No I think the insurance would be cheaper because its older, but idk I'm gonna get a quote on it first with progressive.
GriffGirl
Your insurance for that Lexus is gonna be higher than for the Celica. Maybe you should get insurance quotes on the Lexus before you sell the Celica. There's no way it's gonna be cheaper for the Lexus.

but its bull**** because nobody was there to witness it, not the cops either. I was going 40 in a 55 zone, and since they didnt plow the damn roads enough I hit a drift around a corner and she slid right off the road, and it didnt help that I was driving the rwd sc300.

Ever hear of something called accountability? BS my ass. Those are lame excuses.
-Samurai-
QUOTE (GriffGirl @ Sep 29, 2008 - 2:39 PM) *
Your insurance for that Lexus is gonna be higher than for the Celica. Maybe you should get insurance quotes on the Lexus before you sell the Celica. There's no way it's gonna be cheaper for the Lexus.

but its bull**** because nobody was there to witness it, not the cops either. I was going 40 in a 55 zone, and since they didnt plow the damn roads enough I hit a drift around a corner and she slid right off the road, and it didnt help that I was driving the rwd sc300.

Ever hear of something called accountability? BS my ass. Those are lame excuses.

DUH, of coarse im going to get quotes BEFORE i sell the Celica. and um no, you dont know the situation so stay away from my excuses because they are true. I was frickin driveing nice and slow then i hit that tiny little drift and she hydroplaned. So...the cops wrote me a ****ing ticket. And do me a favor and shush. tongue.gif no offence, but im just saying, wouldnt you be pissed in that situation. i got 4 points for it to. how can they do that
GriffGirl
You said you were going 40 in a 55 zone. How's that nice and slow? No, I don't know the situation, I was only going by what you said in your post. So assuming what you said in your post was the situation, it appears you screwed up and are having a tough time owning up to it by blaming the snow plow, cops not being there to see it, rear wheel drive... blah blah blah blah.
daazndood
you are 18 with 2 accidents. your insurance is not going to be cheap for a while. at 20 years old with 3+ years of spot free driving, my insurance is about 1k a year for full coverage under my name.
-Samurai-
QUOTE (GriffGirl @ Sep 29, 2008 - 2:18 PM) *
You said you were going 40 in a 55 zone. How's that nice and slow? No, I don't know the situation, I was only going by what you said in your post. So assuming what you said in your post was the situation, it appears you screwed up and are having a tough time owning up to it by blaming the snow plow, cops not being there to see it, rear wheel drive... blah blah blah blah.

Just never mind, exactly, what would you know.
RickJamesBish
Yeah, that's pretty cheap...I'm 18, accident-free, good driver's discount, my insurance is about $1300 I think, with State Farm.
-Samurai-
QUOTE (RickJamesBish @ Sep 30, 2008 - 12:30 PM) *
Yeah, that's pretty cheap...I'm 18, accident-free, good driver's discount, my insurance is about $1300 I think, with State Farm.

Yeah I got a quote from progressive, at according to myu calculations its around $700 cheaper, man I'm getting ripped off.
RickJamesBish
What was the quote?
-Samurai-
QUOTE (RickJamesBish @ Sep 30, 2008 - 12:54 PM) *
What was the quote?

Okay my quote from progressive was 790 for 6 months times that by 2 and you get a total of 1580 a year. And with my insurance company now, I'm paying 2200 a year. Also I checked to see how much the Lexus SC300 would be and I found out its cheaper than the celica for insurance. The quote for the lexus is 770 for six months times that by 2 and you get 1540 a year...So I'll definitely be switching insurance companies. I still might sell the celica this spring possibly and start on the lexus project...
daazndood
you should sell me your clear sides before she leaves =[
-Samurai-
QUOTE (daazndood @ Sep 30, 2008 - 4:33 PM) *
you should sell me your clear sides before she leaves =[

why dont you buy new ones? then they are new. wink.gif
razor7
I'm 19 and thankfully my parents are still covering my insurance,

However I do pay for my motorcycle insurance. I shopped around and found that Geico tended to be the lowest (without comprehensive that is). I know that for motorcycle riders, there is a Govt. sponsored safety class you can take that will lower your insurance. I paid $668/yr (not bad for something that can do 0-60 in 3.2, redlines at 14.5, and... well I'll stop there...) and after taking the class (it's $250 if you're over 25, and $150 if you aren't. Govt. has a kick back for younger riders) it lowered my insurance by another $150-$200/yr and makes your class M license MUCH easier to obtain. Call up your INS and find out if they have any programs you can take to lower your rates.

Now that I think about it, AAA also offers a program for "new" drivers that will lower your INS another 15%/yr. 15% of 2200 is 1870. There goes $320 for just sitting through a couple of classes.

-TC
-Samurai-
QUOTE (razor7 @ Sep 30, 2008 - 11:27 PM) *
I'm 19 and thankfully my parents are still covering my insurance,

However I do pay for my motorcycle insurance. I shopped around and found that Geico tended to be the lowest (without comprehensive that is). I know that for motorcycle riders, there is a Govt. sponsored safety class you can take that will lower your insurance. I paid $668/yr (not bad for something that can do 0-60 in 3.2, redlines at 14.5, and... well I'll stop there...) and after taking the class (it's $250 if you're over 25, and $150 if you aren't. Govt. has a kick back for younger riders) it lowered my insurance by another $150-$200/yr and makes your class M license MUCH easier to obtain. Call up your INS and find out if they have any programs you can take to lower your rates.

Now that I think about it, AAA also offers a program for "new" drivers that will lower your INS another 15%/yr. 15% of 2200 is 1870. There goes $320 for just sitting through a couple of classes.

-TC

Hey, yeah that sounds like a good idea to look into. THANKS MAN! I need to save as much money as possible so I can move out of my parents house and be free! lol.
razor7
QUOTE (-Samurai- @ Oct 1, 2008 - 12:30 AM) *
Hey, yeah that sounds like a good idea to look into. THANKS MAN! I need to save as much money as possible so I can move out of my parents house and be free! lol.

Trust me, I know that feeling...

-TC
-Samurai-
QUOTE (razor7 @ Oct 1, 2008 - 12:39 AM) *
QUOTE (-Samurai- @ Oct 1, 2008 - 12:30 AM) *

Trust me, I know that feeling...

-TC

yeah i bet, thanks again ;)
RickJamesBish
Samurai, what do you want for your rims that you can give to me for free? biggrin.gif
-Samurai-
QUOTE (RickJamesBish @ Oct 1, 2008 - 10:08 AM) *
Samurai, what do you want for your rims that you can give to me for free? biggrin.gif

LOL, what do you mean my rims that I can give to you for free?
GriffGirl
Hey, just curious, who's your insurance carrier now?
-Samurai-
QUOTE (GriffGirl @ Oct 1, 2008 - 12:08 PM) *
Hey, just curious, who's your insurance carrier now?

West Bend
GriffGirl
Oh, never heard of that

It's true about Geico being pretty cheap; I used to have Geico and at the time it was WAY cheaper than anyone else. I actually plan on getting a quote from them again. Have you checked them?
-Samurai-
QUOTE (GriffGirl @ Oct 1, 2008 - 11:19 AM) *
Oh, never heard of that

It's true about Geico being pretty cheap; I used to have Geico and at the time it was WAY cheaper than anyone else. I actually plan on getting a quote from them again. Have you checked them?

Yeah I tried Gieco awhile back, and it tuned out to be more than what I pay now. Unless I did something wrong on the quote form, but I dont think I did.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.