Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 7afe ecu
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
killercordova
OK I plan on doing a 7age head swap, im only looking to get at least 180hp at the crank so it should be to bad but, I was wondering how the 7afe ecu is, I heard rumors of desoldering crystals to raise the rev limter, but my main concern is the fact that the ecu can handel the inputs, and still not sure about my sensor wiring yet. This is in theory right now, im still waiting on the gead and figured i should work on my ecu problems first and play with that before the swap.
Culpable04
what head will you be using ? wouldn't it be better to use the ECU that coems with the engine from where you're taking the head ?
killercordova
I most likely would end up using the 16V bigport, I will be doing a engine rebuild with proformance parts. Liek i said im still working on the ecu aspect. Why wouldnt the stock ecu work, I mean the head will have have a effect on the ecu, but the stock ecu might be able to handle the engine inputs to a degree. The ecu can do thinks such as spark advance and such as aposed to fully custom ecu that is based on fixed data rather that liev data. This is getting of topic now, like I said if any one actually have information or experiance with the 7afe ecu. So can you not tell me "get the engine one or fully custom, ect" I'm just trying to get a guide line of actuall use or data. Any help would be great on the or actuall after market ecu setup, rather then tell me just to get one.
stephen_lee
the FE's ecu will think the engine has a lower compression and will try to advance the timing wrong, probably give it the wrong amount of fuel, and other things. I'd use the GE's ecu. but "on topic" i have no experience w/ "crystals."
killercordova
QUOTE (stephen_lee @ Oct 2, 2008 - 9:12 PM) *
the FE's ecu will think the engine has a lower compression and will try to advance the timing wrong, probably give it the wrong amount of fuel, and other things. I'd use the GE's ecu. but "on topic" i have no experience w/ "crystals."

Why would the ECU think it has lower compression? That makes no sense if its a 7age the head cc would stil be around the same if anything it would raise, and besides i would either have the 4age pistons or the high compression 4age pistons.
Bitter
use the 4age ecm with an AFC device or some other piggy back, you'll be better off than using the 7afe ecm by a longshot.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.