Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Turbo charged 3S-Fe?
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Forced Induction
Lil-Joe101
Has anybody seen or heard of a Turbo charged 3s-Fe? I mean I've seen the a 5 s turbo charged and a gt turbo charged, but what about a 3s-Fe? Is it possible and what are the step to accomplishing this. The reason for the question is that I know the motor has a compression of 10:01. With a ratio that high, can it be done. Please post with some info. It would be greatly appreciated.
Cuts_the_Pilot
anything can be done.
most people start with a better engine.
Lil-Joe101
Do have to lower the compression or just keep it the same?
3WayStunna
Dont know why you would want to waste the time, but hey, whatever floats the boat...dont know about a TURBO-charged 3sfe, but, a supercharged one has been done...pretty sure a turbo wouldnt be any bit more difficult..
http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=37031

Btw, im pretty sure that if somebody can turbocharge a 5sfe, that turbochraging a 3sfe is just as easily posible(i mean the two engines share alot of similarities)....read up on how 5SFE's are turbocahrged bro, and maybe just some general basics of how turbo systems work. Im sure that you could do it, considering where you are now...
Muggs
The parts list and install procedure will be the same as if it were a 5sfe. Check out presure2's big 5sfte post if you haven't already.
I think a 3sfe will handle a ct26 as long as you take good care of it and tune it properly.
Lil-Joe101
Cool Thanx everybody appreciate it the info.
3sfeT
3sfe turbo user here smile.gif.As for the compression don't need to change it.My previous turbo was a T3 until somebody liked it and bought my previous set up.Now I'm fabricating a new manifold and going to try a T3T4.Boosting my unopened 3sfe at 1bar,boosting for 2 1/2 years already no probs or whatsover.
bccentaur3
Its really up to you on how reliable the set-up. If you take your time, research and do it right. You'll have a boosted 2.0 liter 3sfe. Yes its nota good platform to start off of, but if you really have your heart set on it why not?
Lil-Joe101
Whay does everybody hate the FE series motors? I mean wut is so bad about them that makes everyone dislike them? kindasad.gif
Lil-Joe101
Is the motor just that Lame?

Check this link this is my motor. It doesnt look so bad.

http://www.6gc.net/photo/member/8574/4
3WayStunna
People are biased against them due to the fact they are held as economy minded engines, and when compared to the big brothers (3sge/3sgte) it seems lacking. Then again, much like the 5sfe users in the states, there are ppl who like to tune them, as much as those who like to tune and modify the 5sfe.

You gotta figure that in the states, where the 3sfe isnt offered in the 6th gen celicas, if someone wanted to mod their car/engine there options are either swapping in a more powerful engine, or making the best of the 5sfe. The same options are present for you over in Oki, yet with consideration to the fact, that if you wanted to swap in another engine, would you really bother swapping in a 5sfe from the states( something that is basically the same as the 3sfe?)? Thats the same dilemma that makes the 3sfe seem crappy to those over in america. Why bother. But you my friend have it, and seeing that you want to make it more than what it is, rather than choose to go the route of swapping in a 3sgte/4agze, you can gander to make as much horsepower as those who turbo charge their 5sfe here in the states.

Actually it should be easier for you being that you can source parts on the cheap!!!!

By the way, your motor looks nice man...did you paint your valve cover yourself? If so, its a nice job bro!
Lil-Joe101
Wow that is alot of info. I think Im gonna step out of the box on this and make as much power out of this motor as possible. And If I can break into the low to mid 300whp than I have done my job. lol I just want to stand out and show everyone I can do it. Get noticed for once in my life ya know. BTW I had a friend powder coat it for me. Came out great. Only problem is he didn't use heat risistant clear coat so the shine isnt as shiney. lol

Thanx again man.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.