Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fate's "Fly Low" Project: 3rd Gen 3SGTE
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > My Project
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Fate
magnaflow suggestions anyone?
95st-celica
its looking good man...did you get the crossmember and all the mounts in?

as for an exhaust...go with a full 3"

as for the muffler...theres a few that sounds good on our cars...the magnaflow is defentially a good choice...the others that i have found that sound really good is the Megan GT turbo muffler (i might be going with) and the HKS hi power silent (little on the pricey side but looks badass and sound pretty damn good too.
Fate
crossmember and mounts in and the engine doesn't move a cm. it's awesome.

car should be driveable this week. tomorrow i'm replacing my front end components and getting the axles in.

presure2
QUOTE (Fate @ Dec 13, 2009 - 5:16 PM) *
crossmember and mounts in and the engine doesn't move a cm. it's awesome.

car should be driveable this week. tomorrow i'm replacing my front end components and getting the axles in.

awesome!!
Fate
i drove it tonight! just real quick around the block after replacing everything. all seems well, but i need to check everything when i have daylight. stay tuned!
Axel04
QUOTE (95st-celica @ Dec 13, 2009 - 10:05 PM) *
its looking good man...did you get the crossmember and all the mounts in?

as for an exhaust...go with a full 3"

as for the muffler...theres a few that sounds good on our cars...the magnaflow is defentially a good choice...the others that i have found that sound really good is the Megan GT turbo muffler (i might be going with) and the HKS hi power silent (little on the pricey side but looks badass and sound pretty damn good too.

Apexi N1 FTW!! Had it on my car for 10 years and will never change to another.. Love it..
Batman722
nice !
CelicaST_CALI
sweeeeeet!!!!!
garin
i hope to join the 3rd gen 3s club shortly!
Fate
Quick break down:

PROBLEM: the car starts and dies within 15-20 seconds.
SOLUTION: checked all my wiring and SEEMS to be right. jumped B+ to FP, st205 fuel pump is heard on ignition turn and stays running.

PROBLEM: LEAN! at least that's what my temporary rigged AEM UEGO is telling me.
SOLUTION: clueless.

PROBLEM: i just want to drive this thing and can use all the help i can get.
SOLUTION: anyone free friday?
SlvrCelica09
congratulations!! we are on the same level lol... its almost as if you are describing my car.. two people with the same idling problems =( so Im assuming its not the sensor which is broken on my engine after all.. if you're having the same problems.. you checked for vacuum leaks correct? If so anyone care to help us out?
Fate
no new updates, still need some extra hands. volunteers?
Fate
help?
Culpable04
once my car is done, I wouldn't mind giving you a hand, but in the mean time, help yourself, do some trouble shooting, post videos, actual symptoms, I mean, show interest on fixing your own car, as said, once my car is done I really wouldn't mind driving there and lending you a hand, but by the looks of your last posts is like you gave up on it and are waiting on a magic hero to show up and fix it for you.

noone knows your car better than you, so start trying, and post findings, some people may not have the time to physically go there and help you but they would take time to guide you over the net. follow instructions and post results back. as anyone trying a swap, we all need a network of people who to ask vital questions and guidance, get in contact with your network, and start eliminating things, there are only so many things that can cause an specific symptom, you start testing one at a time and you know where the problem is not located, and at some point you'll find your issue.
Fate
you're absolutely right stevenson.

UPDATE:

the car will be on the road starting in May. (that's when my insurance renews)

my AEM UEGO is reading "---" at idle but if i rev it the slightest bit it'll move between 12ish-13.5.
(my current idle at operating temp is 800, it's possible i have a vac leak since it shakes a tiny bit)

no check engine lights, originally had a code 54 for the coolant temp which i took care of (burped the system, filled to max)

my fuel issue is unresolved, i can bridge fp to b+ and it runs fine. i'll most likely wire it like lago's did rather than trying to use the stock set up.
Fate
AEM UEGO hooked up and in place (again) - was reading (---) due to the wideband bung being so low on the downpipe and not having an exhaust.
AEM boost gauge hooked up and in place
Greddy Profec B hooked up

in need of exhaust, and to sell my Z3 so that i have a spot on my insurance to put the celica on.

other than that, everything is great.
SlvrCelica09
nice mannnnnnn keep it up thumbsup.gif
SwissFerdi
QUOTE (Fate @ Apr 29, 2010 - 9:16 AM) *
AEM UEGO hooked up and in place (again) - was reading (---) due to the wideband bung being so low on the downpipe and not having an exhaust.
AEM boost gauge hooked up and in place
Greddy Profec B hooked up

in need of exhaust, and to sell my Z3 so that i have a spot on my insurance to put the celica on.

other than that, everything is great.

Wow, props to you for focusing more on a Celica than a Z3. Nice. thumbsup.gif
Fate
haha thanks. the z3 isn't ignored by any means, tasteful small mods

Fate
UPDATE:

+ Ordered a magnaflow 14835, and high flow cat.

+ Exhaust should be on within two weeks.
presure2
QUOTE (Fate @ May 1, 2010 - 10:07 AM) *
UPDATE:

+ Ordered a magnaflow 14835, and high flow cat.

+ Exhaust should be on within two weeks.

awesome man, thats the same muffler thats on jenns car, we love it.
Stambo
take some pictures of the exhaust when its on!
Fate
^ i will be getting the exhaust done this upcoming week, so pictures no doubt.

UPDATE: Yesterday I said goodbye to my Z3 and immediately after I was at the DMV getting the tags switched over to the Celica. It's official, she's ready to drive...sorta (waiting on a fender to come in to finish my front end.)
Fate
exhaust on, sounds amazing-will post pics in the morning.

when i was on the GSP, my boost reading was all over the place. also my vac. at idle reads 12-14 (should be 20 +/- 2) vaccum leak possibly?
presure2
QUOTE (Fate @ May 17, 2010 - 11:14 PM) *
exhaust on, sounds amazing-will post pics in the morning.

when i was on the GSP, my boost reading was all over the place. also my vac. at idle reads 12-14 (should be 20 +/- 2) vaccum leak possibly?

probably, idle higher than normal?
Fate
it idle's normal i believe. on start up it's at 1100 and then drops to 800. i think i tapped into a line that doesn't give the best or most accurate reading. i should of just went with the spot behind the intake manifold to begin with. once the weather clears up i'll fix it.
Fate
here are progress pics of the celica's exhaust, will take finished pics when the weather clears up:

video of just downpipe on engine:

Stambo
sounds badass just leave it with the down pipe tongue.gif
Fate
^haha i wish i could of left it.

anyways, i wired my fuel pump how lagos did:
http://www.6gc.net/forums/index.php?showto...777&hl=pump

still not staying alive for longer than 20 seconds. could it be my fuel pump relay? like i mentioned before, when i bridge FP to B+ it runs just fine. suggestions please.
Batman722
I would guess you wired in the relay backwards.
Instead of it switching over to a lower voltage it just shuts off.
Fate
removed due to stupidity.
Fate
update:

Drove it today, pulled great and then my pass. axle snapped.
new Toyota addition to the family on Friday.
Stambo
what a way to ruin a good day
Fate

UPDATE: about 4,500 miles driven on the beast and it is running great other than having a small oil leak (drivers side: seems like it starts at the head area and drips down off the side of the trans.)

It very well could be my valve cover gasket not sitting flush from when i retorqued the head or my dizzy. From what i read it could also be coming off the rear main seal but i highly doubt it. With the weather being the way it is, it's been tough to work on it but i hope in the next few months to have some progress.

Many items are waiting to be installed but here is a small teaser of my TRD Side Skirts:

oh and of course for those that know my car, it still needs the front bumper mounted.

Also for those that aren't aware, i purchased another project that many people should recognize:

Also my 91 MR2 Turbo is now for sale:

SwissFerdi
Wow, so he finally sold it huh...what are your plans for the Celica?
Fate
QUOTE (SwissFerdi @ Feb 4, 2011 - 12:51 PM) *
Wow, so he finally sold it huh...what are your plans for the Celica?

Get her running first, then go from there.
mkernz22
just out of curiosity, how much are you selling the mr2 for?
Fate
Fate
BUMP. Car was dropped off for paint.

(Should i move this thread to "My Projects?")
Fate

SwissFerdi
Ha, shiny. What will be the final color?
freddy121389
how much did it cost you to paint? i need a place around here to paint my side skirts next month
Batman722
QUOTE (SwissFerdi @ Aug 17, 2011 - 12:52 PM) *
Ha, shiny. What will be the final colors?

I think that is a more appropriate question.

Lookin forward to the pics Rico.
Fate
QUOTE (Batman722 @ Aug 17, 2011 - 6:22 PM) *
QUOTE (SwissFerdi @ Aug 17, 2011 - 12:52 PM) *
Ha, shiny. What will be the final colors?

I think that is a more appropriate question.

Lookin forward to the pics Rico.

It does look like I'm planning a two tone doesn't it? Rest assured, it will be sprayed one amazing color. More pictures:

Fate

^sneak peak
NYp8tBaller07
QUOTE (Fate @ Aug 24, 2011 - 3:21 PM) *

^sneak peak

MANN GLITTER! Muahahahaaa XD
Fate
Starlight Black 217.
presure2
lookin good rico!!
Fate
Update:

presure2
nice! cant wait to see it completed!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.