Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hood Dampers!!!!
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
njccmd2002
Can anyone confirm!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/97-98-99-To...emZ290264411385
frisp
Can't check the link for work. I think that's the guys I eamiled. Not sure why he stated only 97-99. But in his reply he says they will NOT work with the 95-96, GT4 or Carbon bonnets (hoods)
whatthe
Yeh, i was looking at that before, looks really good. Tho i dont understand why i wouldnt work for <97. I guess we'd actually have to wait for someone here to buy one and give a little review hehe
frisp
I was wondering if the struts are too powerful for the alloy hood? Might cause the hood too bend trying to close it. May have to bite the bullet and get a set. I'm sure I can get less powerful struts, same length, without too much trouble.
AnaXyd
I have seen them too, and they look awesome! Hood dampeners for my car would be great.. I asked the seller if they would fit my AT200, but he said no. Why? Is there any difference between the AT200 and f.ex ST205 that would interfere with this?
frisp
As there are no differences in the mountings on the 202's, 205's for all years (94-99), I think the guy doesn't know enough about the kit he's selling. Or the kit may be a generic one.
whatthe
id be buying them in the coming month, so stay tuned. Id be posting up pics etc. and what not
AnaXyd
QUOTE (frisp @ Oct 11, 2008 - 6:26 AM) *
As there are no differences in the mountings on the 202's, 205's for all years (94-99), I think the guy doesn't know enough about the kit he's selling. Or the kit may be a generic one.

Does this include the AT200 too?
frisp
Should do, after all the hood & fenders are the same. smile.gif
njccmd2002
cool, that will go great with the cooling panels
petna
I've got the hood dampers sat in my living room. will be fitting them at the weekend. will post up pics when they are on
BloodyStupidDavey
QUOTE (petna @ Oct 20, 2008 - 10:48 PM) *
I've got the hood dampers sat in my living room. will be fitting them at the weekend. will post up pics when they are on

I ordered mine on 10th and still waiting for them. Not the quickest.
CelicaSTX02
Dude, if this works, maybe the Tein ones will work as well. I'll definitely get the Tein ones:

What do you guys think? Could it work?
Ugglan
Someone must try this if it hasn't been done yet...always wanted this feature but never got time to set it up.
Anyone knows what you need to make this work? How-To?
petna
Tein ones should work, its about having the right brackets so its bolt on. You can fabricate brackets if you wish but for some of us, thats beyond us lol
Piloter
For what it's worth, the vendor and parts are reputable, I reviewed this kit for the 7th-gen Corolla here. http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/showthre...highlight=sokie .
BloodyStupidDavey
QUOTE (BloodyStupidDavey @ Oct 20, 2008 - 10:55 PM) *
I ordered mine on 10th and still waiting for them. Not the quickest.

As mentioned in this thread, mine turned up at my local post office on 23rd and I fitted them yesterday. Very pleased. The aforementioned thread has all the details.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.