Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Omg guys i want a manual
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
Add45
...But there is no easy and/or cheap way of doing this is there?
96bluevert
Depends on what you mean by "cheap"...To do a manual swap you are pretty much looking at around $1k.
Add45
lol and thats a new car
Bitter
OMFG GO BUY ONE THEN! laugh.gif
presure2
if you are paitent and look for the best deals, you can do the manual swap for alot less than that.
getting great deals, you could prolly do it for ~5-700
Add45
is there shops that do that kind of work?
Redline08
I waited for a long time for a deal and recently i picked up a 96 gt 5spd with a bad started for 300 bucks which im gonna swap the manual tranny from into my 99 gt.

Motorsports shops would love to swap your trans and they would also love the $150 an hour you have to give them.
Add45
QUOTE (Redline08 @ Oct 11, 2008 - 7:20 PM) *
I waited for a long time for a deal and recently i picked up a 96 gt 5spd with a bad started for 300 bucks which im gonna swap the manual tranny from into my 99 gt.

Motorsports shops would love to swap your trans and they would also love the $150 an hour you have to give them.

lmfao do u guys think it would be better to just get a new car (maybe a 7g celica)?
WH95TE
yes get a new(to you) car, no get a 6th gen
Add45
really? the 7gen celicas look so sexy though
PHLCELICA
You can have mine for 1700, but you gotta pick it up.
Add45
Pics and where?
PHLCELICA
Profile and Philly.
RickJamesBish
6GC > 7GC

I want a manual too, but If I'm gonna drop any kind of cash on it it'll be a manual GT4. biggrin.gif
Add45
those are expensive smile.gif
hurley97
An auto to manual swap is pretty straight forward, if you have some sort of mechanical inclination you and a friend or two should be able to do it.

If you know where to get the parts, what to get used and what to get new it isn't that expensive. When I was getting parts for my tranny swap I did know I could get a lot of parts new from the dealer for cheaper than I ended up getting from a junkyard or other people, plus there weren't too many people who could answer my questions. When we did Tina's (ILuvMyCelica95) I made her a good list of what to get new and what to get used and she ended up spending about $500 or a little over IIRC, which was almost half what I spent.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.