Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: E153 HELP (part dos)
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
luisXRceli
okay so we started to take apart the gear selct lever but we found some problems.

on some manuals we saw there was some lock pins that we needed to punch out but were thinking it has the ST185 gear select to make the FWD system work.

We basically tried all we could and did not want to resort to force, but we were thinking because it got stuck maybe thats why its not coming out?

any help??????
luisXRceli
bump? can i get some help?
95celgt
don't double post the same topic luis, this isn't LP :S

and also its not the 185 gear selector, I SAID ITS THE GT-S54 selector on the e153.
luisXRceli
QUOTE (95celgt @ Oct 14, 2008 - 12:05 AM) *
don't double post the same topic luis, this isn't LP :S

and also its not the 185 gear selector, I SAID ITS THE GT-S54 selector on the e153.

no SIR!

it is a st185 part.

lol sorry about the double post.
DEATH
If you guys had waited just a bit for my e153 to come in I could have helped you with whatever but as it is I'll be hitting you guys up for help and pics it seems biggrin.gif Please take lots of pics, especially of the drive shafts and the spacer so that I can play too biggrin.gif
darthripley
i'm confused ... are you trying to use a ST185 transmission & convert it to be FWD?
95celgt
no the e153 took a dump and he THINKS that its a 185 gear selector to make the mr2 tranny work on the celica.....to my knowledge dont people use s54 shift linkage to make the tranny work in the celica??? with 205 cables of course smile.gif
Culpable04
QUOTE (95celgt @ Oct 14, 2008 - 9:06 PM) *
no the e153 took a dump and he THINKS that its a 185 gear selector to make the mr2 tranny work on the celica.....to my knowledge dont people use s54 shift linkage to make the tranny work in the celica??? with 205 cables of course smile.gif

There are gear selectors from FWD car, like V6 solara, camrys and lexus ES, so any of those will fit on the E153
darthripley
QUOTE (95celgt @ Oct 14, 2008 - 9:06 PM) *
..to my knowledge dont people use s54 shift linkage to make the tranny work in the celica??? with 205 cables of course smile.gif

that's what i've seen done on some other swaps before.
V6 camry, solara & es300 all had E153's if they were 5spd manuals.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.