Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My Progress going bad...
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Forced Induction
RUNNIN-LOW
This is what I have done so far. I still have to fab up a downpipe and figure out how to make a IC piping for the snailshell to the intercooler.

ok first picture if you look closely you can see i had to trim my fan haha & im worried cause i only have like about half a inch from the clutch clyinder bleeder valve..

showing off the heat shield i had to fab up to make work

showing how i did the oil feed line and the turbo..i love it!!

third gen block fitting

the real street tunning waste gate and the turbo adapter that muggs let me borrow..it looks good i think

the other side of the wastegate and if you look really close you can see i had to trim the heat shield for it to work

more pictures of the getto rigged fan and how close the turbo sits to the fan and raditor

and my bueaty with the front mount infront haha

ooh muggs i sand blasted the downpipe and painted it with high temp paint over all it looks good but i wont be able to use it cause it doesnt match up with my exhaust so the car will be taken to map performance for a new downpipe..
bccentaur3
Damn how were you able to keep the heatshield? I wonder if I fabbed up my manifold with a straight T3 flange to the turbo if I would be able to keep my heatshield.
CaliJeff
nice work, i like the oil line
Muggs
Looking good, John. Yeah, I'm surprised you were able to keep the heat shield. Did you trim it at all around the wastegate?
bccentaur3
It doesn't look like he did. Why won't you just clock the turbo the way the ct26 is so you don't have to wait on piping. thats what I plan on doing.
RUNNIN-LOW
i cant cause the ic pipe will hit the waste gate. but i did trim the heat shield a little for it to clear the waste gate. the heat shield did hit the turbo too so i had to trim a little off the bottom too.
bccentaur3
NICE!!! it looks good man.
RUNNIN-LOW
alright started the car up and it fired her up..when i rev her up to 3k rpm it starts to backfire like crazy and the car stalls out. fire starts to shoot out of the wastegate. i figured out that it was the real street wastegate, i didnt have the fire ring that came with it. went and got that and installed it. now the car runs fine but in the morning i let the car warm up and i start to drive her. the car kinda stalls out check engine light flashes, then once i step on the clutch the car goes back to normal this happens about 3 times then the car runs fine. anyone have any clue???ooh yeah once all that happen my airbag light came on but i think i just have to reset it.
Batman722
do you have a wideband ?
have you checked for codes ?

as for the airbag light did you wire the SRS system it to work ? There's a wire you need from EA1 to one of the interior plugs (or just from a power source) that runs through the main engine harness or the airbags don't work.
RUNNIN-LOW
yeah i have the aem uego wideband and the car doesnt seem to pop up any codes when i checked it. other then that the airbag light never came on untill the car kinda went crazy with the wastegate and stuff( car stalling and backfire coming out of the wastegate tube and stuff). unless i blew a fuse and didnt catch it while we was taking stuff apart?

another thing is that i know with a bigger turbo you lag but sometime when i run my car in 2nd gear its suppost to build up boost slowly and get full boost about 35-4k and you keep going, but its strange with mine now, it seems as if i build up hella boost then it kinda laggs then BAMM!!! i get it all at once, reading the wideband i run lean when building boost then richen when all the boost hits at once, scares the crap out of me sometimes.
LewFX
get some bigger injectors!
Batman722
I would guess the wastgate might be getting stuck.
RUNNIN-LOW
QUOTE (LewFX @ Oct 27, 2008 - 11:36 AM) *
get some bigger injectors!

well i have the stock 540 injectors those should be fine for now plus i have the 255warblo fuel pump. plus im not even boosting hard at all just a couple test runs to see if everything is running fine.
yeah thats what im guessing too that the wastegate is stayin open thats why im struggling to get boost. but its only been like 2 days since the car is runing ill have to do a couple test runs and tweak it around.

yeah and the check engine light flashes sometimes when the car starts to bogg no clue whats going on there too??
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.