Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 3sgte t3/t4
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Forced Induction
teamchancery
Ok ladies and gents ive been asking the question for a while but still look for opinions to make the right choice.

Engine- 4th gen 3sgte(caldina)

cometic head gasket
,arp rod and main bolts,
arp head studs,
JE 9.1 CR pistons,
11lb flywheel,
ACT 6 PUCK AND PP good for 500 lb ft

Electronics-HKS EVC, GREDDY EMANAGE ULTIMATE

DYNO in FWD trim STOCK on 13 psi ....245 whp 246 lbft
DYNO AWD... 15 PSI.... 220 whp 223 lb/ft with emanage street tune with mods listed

Plan for the car- street car for another 1 or 2 with with road racing in the future

Currently car is road car and will participate in a few drag races and track days

Thing is i like the feel of an aggressive low down turbo like the factory one piece tubo on now however i want to upgrade to reach around 350 whp but still get that low down feeling.I like the car responsive to me but still able to say run the quarter at 12 summin and not run out of breath.Where i live has lots of winding roads and fairly short stretches not much highway action ...so i would want summin that i can street race in and not be worrying about falling out of revs

Rev limit now is 7000 rpm
The question i have is what size t3/t4 fits what im looking for.Options i was considering is a 63 back housing w/stage 3 turbine and 60 trim...however i am now considering a 48AR w/stage 3 wheel and 50 trim beacause research show most suggesting 50 trims
.What do you recommend cause frankly money is an option so i want 320-350 preferabbly under 20 psi boost while not over working the turbo while achieving the performance i need
GARRETT IS THE ONLY OPTION AS WHAT I CAN AFFORD NOW IS 550-650 US
HELP
Rev limit
presure2
you want the "streetbrawler" turbo.
t3/4 46 trim, .63a/r hotside.

www.koracing.com is where to get it.
teamchancery
QUOTE (presure2 @ Oct 25, 2008 - 7:37 AM) *

Ok ok i see you so you saying sticking with the 63 hotside is fine just focus on the compressor wheel trim.
REALLY appreaciate the link too :thumbsup:Thats what im looking for tutrbo specs specifically suiting a 3sgte.The description of the turbo in the link sounds like exactly like what a wrote

presure2
QUOTE (teamchancery @ Oct 25, 2008 - 9:13 AM) *
QUOTE (presure2 @ Oct 25, 2008 - 7:37 AM) *

Ok ok i see you so you saying sticking with the 63 hotside is fine just focus on the compressor wheel trim.Have you personally had experience with this or felt it?
REALLY appreaciate the link too thumbsup.gif

there are alot of guys on the mr2oc board running the KO racing kit using this turbo, with fantastic results.
a couple links:

http://www.mr2ownersclub.com/mr2records/dyno/kosheim374.jpg

http://www.mr2ownersclub.com/mr2records/dyno/kblake.jpg

http://www.jekylhyderacing.com/images/hyde_dyno_351.gif

this last one is a 50 trim, a bit later spool, but potential for more up top.

http://www.mr2ownersclub.com/mr2records/dy...antesson339.jpg
more boost, = http://www.mr2ownersclub.com/mr2records/dyno/jsantesson.jpg

http://www.mr2ownersclub.com/mr2records/dy...guracion434.jpg
teamchancery
Thanks man but just a question as i think im gonna lean this side as what they describe of the turbo is what im looking for but why not a 48 hotside then wouldnt that spool me even faster and still flow up to 7000rpm
presure2
QUOTE (teamchancery @ Oct 25, 2008 - 9:45 AM) *
Thanks man but just a question as i think im gonna lean this side as what they describe of the turbo is what im looking for but why not a 48 hotside then wouldnt that spool me even faster and still flow up to 7000rpm

a 48 hotside will choke on the topend, espcially on a 4th gen motor, which flows better than a 2nd or 3rd gen.

teamchancery
QUOTE (presure2 @ Oct 25, 2008 - 9:51 AM) *
QUOTE (teamchancery @ Oct 25, 2008 - 9:45 AM) *

a 48 hotside will choke on the topend, espcially on a 4th gen motor, which flows better than a 2nd or 3rd gen.

bowdown.gif bowdown.gif bowdown.gif
OK one thing tho KOrACING sells the kit got any links to site that might have 46 trim as an option cause im gonna make a manifold and have wastgate already.Most sites only have as small as a 50 trim or wud u suggest i just use the 50 trim instead of trying a 46 trim?
presure2
ko sells the turbo seperately.
i would call them, and speak with kris. hes a great guy, and will help you make the best decision for your motor.
teamchancery
QUOTE (presure2 @ Oct 25, 2008 - 10:28 AM) *
ko sells the turbo seperately.
i would call them, and speak with kris. hes a great guy, and will help you make the best decision for your motor.

Alright man thanks for the help
pitcelica
glad to see another 4th gen swap. Would you mind posting your ignition map from your street tune on the greddy emanage? It will help me a lot!

Good luck with the future!
Cuts_the_Pilot
if you want the low end pull then i would say get a 48-52 AR on the rear, A decent turbo with a rear AR around that should pull 300 pretty easily and go close to 350. Especially with a well designed manifold with a good collecter.

im making near 300 (290) hp at the wheels on a gen 3 with stock turbo (not even highflowed), so you cant argue that its not possible with a turbo slightly larger and with better wheel/housing designs. True my turbo is a adm which is steel wheeled, and im running 20 psi, but 20psi is nothing for a late model 3s, they love the boost.

You want something like a gt28 RS (aka disco potato). That would suit your needs perfect, the sr girls love them.
teamchancery
QUOTE (pitcelica @ Oct 25, 2008 - 5:03 PM) *
glad to see another 4th gen swap. Would you mind posting your ignition map from your street tune on the greddy emanage? It will help me a lot!

Good luck with the future!

Actually dont have that but gonna try to get from the tuner.I think im gonna go with the sb46 if KORACING has any in stock.When i called friday he said on sb50 i wud have to wait till monday to find out about 46 from the supplier
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.