Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 7afe nitrous 1/4 time anyone?
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Forced Induction
celitrd
hello just wondering the 1/4 mile a 7afe with nitrous can do
jesterwr217
depends on how quick the tow truck can pull you after you send a piston through the hood
trd94
QUOTE (jesterwr217 @ Oct 25, 2008 - 8:37 AM) *
depends on how quick the tow truck can pull you after you send a piston through the hood

this is not true,nitrous does not put anymore stress on your motor than a turbo does at full boost, but like the turbo if you dont tune it right it will go boom!!! dont try to run a 100hp shot right off the get go, start small an work your way up. also dont think tou are going to smoke a viper if you (just add a little more NAZ) laugh.gif but if you tune it well and run it with respect i think you can get allmost the same results as a turbo setup , just my 2 cents wink.gif
Kwanza26
You can probably hang with a stock Sienna...
eggman40
i can tell you what a stock 7afe does so you have a baseline... 18.4 laugh.gif

that was my best time a LONG time ago lol

it should be interesting to find out what you can do with nitrous

i read in a magazine that if your going to put nitrous on a budget you should use a rising rate preassure regulator to help compensate for the fuel.

good luck! hope it goes well. make a write up as well if you can, i dont think we have one
95celicastLSR
QUOTE (eggman40 @ Oct 31, 2008 - 7:57 PM) *

i read in a magazine that if your going to put nitrous on a budget you should use a rising rate preassure regulator to help compensate for the fuel.

good luck! hope it goes well. make a write up as well if you can, i dont think we have one

lol thats embarissing how did u only run that did u even know how to drive cause i ran a high 16 with just intake and no other mods

QUOTE (eggman40 @ Oct 31, 2008 - 7:57 PM) *

lol thats embarissing how did u only run that did u even know how to drive cause i ran a high 16 with just intake and no other mods
celitrd
im running nitrous on my 7afe 40 shots dry ..have no problems yet i cant take it to the track yet cuz my clutch is bad ima be getting a stage 2 clutch i have basic bolt on running straight pipe jus curious what time i would get on a 1/4 mile
Daftboy
also ran high 16's with a stock setup...7afe
95celicastLSR
QUOTE (Daftboy @ Nov 2, 2008 - 4:45 PM) *
also ran high 16's with a stock setup...7afe

ha nice to see im not the only one
CelicaST_CALI
i wouldn't be embarrassed to drive that car even if it was slow biggrin.gif
NuclearHappineS
I used a quarter mile calculator for you.

stock 7afe, 120hp 3400lbs (with driver) => 18.61 seconds
stock 7afe + 60shot, 3400lbs (with driver) => 16.32

Nitrous nowadays is farely safe.

Get yourself an air fuel ratio safety switch, a window switch, a WOT switch, and an arming switch.

Start at a 50 shot, then go up to a 75. you should be fine on a 7afe with a 75 shot with some 2-3 degrees of timing retard on 93 octane starting to spray around the 3000rpm mark with 1 step colder copper plugs.

It's good practicie to replace your fuel filter and make sure your ignition setup is healthy before you start.
It also may be a good idea to get a fuel pump that can supply the 200hp worth of fuel. Of course even if you skip this part, the Air fuel safety switch will save you if you run out of fuel...

Of course traction is another issue.

You can spray up to a 100% shot (120hp) if you go direct port with proper timing retard with a progressive controller on 93 octane and still be 'safe' you just have to know what you're doing / how to make sure the tune is safe.

-Nuke
NuclearHappineS
Forgot to mention a few things...

Intake mods don't mean much to a nitrous setup since nitrous is cold and compressed. So you can get ALOT of nitrous in through a small intake, throttlebody, intake manifold, intake valve, conservative intake cam.

However after the nitrous is burned it produces the same amount of exhaust as an equivalent hp turbo car.

So if you would put a 3" exhaust on a 240hp turbo car, you would want a similar sized exhaust for a 120hp car running a 120 shot of nitrous.

with a 50 shot you're probably fine. But before you go to a 75shot (or higher) it'd be a good idea to invest in the following:

Ported stock exhaust manifold or aftermarket head
Aftermarket exhaust capable of flowing your HP level or an exhaust cutout.
Good lift / duration exhaust cam and possibly cam timing optimized for n20
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.