Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: rpm issues
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Forced Induction
94silverbullet
I have just installed a 45 trim, 7lb externally waste gated turbo... when I puut in the two bar map sensor and the 7m-ge injectors, and the 1 step colder spark pulgs gapped to .030 I had a problem.
I'm idling around around 4 or 5 hundred and I have trouble getting above like 5300. I think Its two separate issues. The idle issue is probably due to injectors and colder plugs and should be fixed with a safc II. But my boost gauge isn't hooked up yet so I think the top end may be a "too much boost" problem. can anyone think of a different reason? I think my waste gate might be seized up or something???
presure2
if your using the 315cc injectors, your asking for trouble with that big of a turbo.
you NEED to have a boost gauge installed, you cant tell anything without it.
you also need to tune your car BEFORE you start boosting, your probably running dangerously lean on the top end.
94silverbullet
The gauge is in its a two second fix I just need to splice a into a line and thats the first thing I'm doign when it gets back from the shop(I'm fixing it an oil leak.)
What are you thinking for injectors though, like 360cc? The 7M-GE injectors have a completly different looking nozzle, like different lengths and everything. That doesnt matter at all?
Yeah the tune seems like the missing piece. I want to be getting the ultimate like you said you are using. I'm pretty good with electrical, but I am wondering how the install is for that? does it come with good instructions that I can install it myself (not tune it with it myself)
94silverbullet
Better way to ask you about the injectors, which would you get if you were me, 365 4agze, or 440 7mgte, or the 460 RX-7 injectors Pt. #195500-2010.
They are they plug and play right??
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.