Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 7afe tranny problem
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
CelicaST_CALI
Hey all,for the last few weeks i have noticed that i have to almost take my foot off the clutch b4 it grabs,so yesterday i adjusted the clutch,i did this by spinning the little rod behind the pedal(see pic).Now whenever i start the car(with the clutch in)i turn the key and it starts but makes this noise like metal hitting a fan...then i let off the clutch and it continued,then after running for 30 secs the noise went away and never heard it.The noise only happens after i let the car sit for hours..Ideas??

(the rod at the top left)
hurley97
sounds like you need a clutch and throwout bearing
zero07
Throwout bearing will only make noise when clutch isnt engaged, if you push the clutch in and it goes away its not the throwout bearing its gonna be part of the tranny.
hurley97
When you push the clutch pedal in your are putting pressure on the throwout bearing and disengaging the clutch.

First things first, it sounds like you need a clutch and adjusting the pedal isn't going to change that. I'm not sure about the noise but if it only happens when you first start the car, logically it could be the flywheel teeth grinding against the starter for whatever reason. You would be able to check that when doing the clutch (or pulling out the starter or cover at the bottom of the tranny and looking at it).
CelicaST_CALI
sorry ppl but its gone....haha im happy biggrin.gif mods can close..

but my clutch is still barely grabbing...wth!!the clutch has 20k on it..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.