Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: do 3sgte tranny fit an 5sfe engine?
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
Toyota_Celica_97
hi everyone i have an auto 97 gt celica, and was thinking about changing it to an MT but cant fine one that's for an 5sfe, so i was looking in ebay and fine an 3sgte mt, so i want too know does it fit in an 5sfe?

here's the link to the tranny.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JDM-94-99-C...A1%7C240%3A1318

and if i buy this tranny do i need to do any mod to it to fit?

and what other part do i need to do the change?

thanks any tips can help.

or do anyone know or have an mt 5sfe forsale please let me know.
_mikeE
No, no, and no.

The 3SGTE tranny is an awd tranny and the GT celica's are just fwd.
The GT celica has the s54 tranny so your best bet is to go to a junkyard and hope you find a trashed gt celica or you can go and find a corolla. Or if you can even find the ST202 celica, their transmissions are the same except for the final drive.
DEATH
An MR2 tranny will work but some things need to be changed to make it. And no - a corolla tranny will not work for a 5S-FE. Also look for Camry tranny's - they are actually your best bet for a good easy fit.
Toyota_Celica_97
oh okay thanks alot guyz. so i should start looking for an camry trannys rite, but what year of the camry will fit?
trdproven
5sfe 92-96
DEATH
why wouldn't tranny's up to '01 fit and for that matter you COULD use the v6 tranny's as well but as we all know the axles and and axle carriers would be an issue.
But 5S-FE Camry tranny's up to '01 should fit. Solara's too actually.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.