Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Controversial Question - Girl or guy car?
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
Pages: 1, 2
Feng123
Hi all,

A quick question.

Many people consider the Celica a girl car... Is the following one?

1997, Toyota, Celica, ST204R SX, Liftback, 5 Seats

Manual and Black.

Some photos can be seen here:

http://www.pickles.com.au/damaged/vehicle/...2055703/lotid-0

Some enlightenment, comments, arguments and persuasion would be helpful.

I'm a 20yr guy and not so into cars. I like the colour but just the stereotype I'm afraid of. Help me out people.

Ty.
D-Man
hummm... Most of us conciter our cars girls, and refer to them as such. However, most of us here are also guys. During 94-99 the demographic showed that prodomately women purchased the 6th gens, however, today, it's mostly guys that own them. It may be due to the fact that they are super reliable and easy to upgrade. Plus they just look freakin awesome biggrin.gif

But if you want something that looks more "manly" then go buy a mustang and blend in with the croud laugh.gif
njccmd2002
its not a girl car. its a car, stereotypes are bad.

D-Man, watch out. Ive seen a lot of mustangs not being driven by men. so, it really does not matter.

As long as there are no pink pinstripes or tweety floormats you may be allright
playr158
girl car....
D-Man
QUOTE (playr158 @ Nov 7, 2008 - 11:04 AM) *
girl car....

HAH-HAHA!! Playr Drives a GIRL car laugh.gif

njccmd2002; i feel like my celi is a girl, and alot of people will look at photoshoot and say something like "man, she looks nice" and ect. But I see what you're saying about it dosen't MAKE it a girl car. I personaly feel like my car is a chick... But maybe it's just because i feel comfortable inside them.... Inside "celicas" wink.gif But you can totaly make a manly build out of a celi biggrin.gif
hurley97
Just because most of the people on this forum are guys doesn't mean the majority of 6th gen owners aren't still female. It just means all the guys who own then are more likely to look for aftermarket products and do-it-yourself help that you might get on a forum. Most of the women who own them just drive them.
presure2
yup, without a doubt, the celica as we know it (the USDM versions) is a "girl car"
the four on the other hand IMO is much more "manly"
playr158
QUOTE (D-Man @ Nov 7, 2008 - 11:09 AM) *
QUOTE (playr158 @ Nov 7, 2008 - 11:04 AM) *
girl car....

HAH-HAHA!! Playr Drives a GIRL car laugh.gif

yup I drive a Jetta :wave:

If you look at sales, more women bought the 6gc then men.
njccmd2002
thumbsdown.gif
DEATH
I prefer to look at it as I feel manly enough to drive a "girl's car" tongue.gif
D-Man
QUOTE (playr158 @ Nov 7, 2008 - 11:16 AM) *
yup I drive a Jetta :wave:
qatar11
Chick Car unless its a ST205
Fastbird
QUOTE (qatar11 @ Nov 7, 2008 - 12:31 PM) *

Tell that to my Celica.

For the OP, don't be afraid of stereotypes unless it's a Miata.
D-Man
Or a Kia.
enderswift
girl car with HUGE manly potential
Promasta
the majority of mustang owners are woman as well
celica is more sleek and sexy, not big and beastly
D-Man
QUOTE (Promasta @ Nov 7, 2008 - 12:41 PM) *
the majority of mustang owners are woman...

Or sheep that buy them because they think they'll be cool; and believe that there is still some prestige in that plastic thing...
96bluevert
Theres a difference between a car that's considered a girl and a "girls car"...IMO, I consider my car a girl, but not a girls car. These cars have soo much potential to look b/a.
tomazws
ST205 = man's car

all the other celicas are belong to girls.

That's why i drive it and girls dig it! w00t!
GriffGirl
It's all a matter of how comfortable you are with your sexuality. For example, (even though I'm a chick) I can look at a lot of these guys and say, Hey, these guys must be really comfortable with their masculinity since they drive a chick car" laugh.gif
Supersprynt
It's a little girl but once you start modifying it - lowering it, adding body parts and a motor it really mans up.
Culpable04
QUOTE (GriffGirl @ Nov 7, 2008 - 12:58 PM) *
It's all a matter of how comfortable you are with your sexuality. For example, (even though I'm a chick) I can look at a lot of these guys and say, Hey, these guys must be really comfortable with their masculinity since they drive a chick car" laugh.gif

exactly, if you have an inner fear of you being anything other than what society call " a man " , then driving a Celica will bother you, you'd find yourself driving a big truck with bull bars and off road tires just to fulfill the lack of b@lls in the sack. so basically it takes a real man to drive a Celica and take pride in it.

D-Man
QUOTE (Culpable04 @ Nov 7, 2008 - 1:06 PM) *
exactly, if you have an inner fear of you being anything other than what society call " a man "
fcuk society. mad.gif
samir0189
I think anything but a gt-four is a girls car, especially here in the US, with the underpowered versions we got. BUT i think with a few good, tasteful, not pink mods, it can become a man's car. Or at least not as girly. biggrin.gif
qatar11
QUOTE (Fastbird @ Nov 7, 2008 - 12:11 PM) *

Tell that to my Celica.

Sorry my man, unless you do something to that silky smooth front fascia and hood - its a Chick Car

I'll go so far as to label these cars as also Chick Cars

3G Eclipse
USDM Integras
7th Gen Celica GTs
Cavilere (sp?) / Sunfire (I know thats not even fair)
Fastbird
QUOTE (qatar11 @ Nov 7, 2008 - 2:06 PM) *
QUOTE (Fastbird @ Nov 7, 2008 - 12:11 PM) *

Tell that to my Celica.

Sorry my man, unless you do something to that silky smooth front fascia and hood - its a Chick Car

I'm a guy, I like it silky and smooth. laugh.gif tongue.gif

p.s. don't go off the sig pic. Car is much meaner looking.....see profile.
RickJamesBish
Of course a Celica is a girl, it ends in an A. I call her my baby, sexy, whatever else...

But it doesn't matter if it's generally a girl car or not, if you like it, go for it.
D-Man
GATOR... my first car that was my own was a sunfire. It was such a panzy mobile... the second week that i had it... (mind you i was like 16, bawlin in my first car, smoking my smoke and blairing the radio, genneraly feeling cool) these two HOT ass chicks pulled up to me in a convertable mustang, and asked my name biggrin.gif I told em my name, and the bitch in the driver seat said; "Oh, Nice to meet you. I've never met a GAY guy before" mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif
RickJamesBish
I narrowed my car search down to my sexy Celica or to a '98 Cavalier Z24...needless to say, I think I made the right choice. laugh.gif
Toyota_Celica_97
i think celica are not a chick car, only those 2000+ are chick car lol, mostly i see guy drive celica 99-, and alot of high school girl driveing the celica 2000+, or maybe be cause their parent really love their girl and buy them the expensive one and buy the guy the less expensive on haha. but if you want to be manly go and buy your self an tocoma or thundra or an ford maybe an GMC haha.
Feng123
lol... not quite the responses I kind of expected.

So it's a girl car but I take it the majority of you guys are "guys".

So why would you drive it?
GriffGirl
Who cares why they would drive it. Who are you driving the car for, yourself or your friends? Are your friends paying for the car or putting gas into it? Then who gives a crap? It's your car, drive what you're gonna feel good driving. Yeah, I'm a girl, but most of the people on this site are dudes, and roughly half of them will agree when I say do what makes you happy. If you're out to impress your friends, get a Lexus. If you're trying to prove you're straight, get a big lifted truck - but make sure it's REALLY big and red, too, to prove how verile and well endowed you are(n't)

QUOTE (D-Man @ Nov 7, 2008 - 11:19 AM) *
GATOR... my first car that was my own was a sunfire. It was such a panzy mobile... the second week that i had it... (mind you i was like 16, bawlin in my first car, smoking my smoke and blairing the radio, genneraly feeling cool) these two HOT ass chicks pulled up to me in a convertable mustang, and asked my name biggrin.gif I told em my name, and the bitch in the driver seat said; "Oh, Nice to meet you. I've never met a GAY guy before" mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif

See D-Man, even before your giant fear/discomfort with internet man nipples, your gayness shone through. laugh.gif

welcome to the dark side
paul_gt4

QUOTE (tomazws @ Nov 7, 2008 - 5:49 PM) *
ST205 = man's car

all the other celicas are belong to girls.

my thoughts exactly........ wink.gif
azian_advanced
just wondering how one would categorize a car to be a 'girls' car? is it the number of people that own them? the car's looks?
parriehunter
When i got mine everyone was like its a chicks car why would you buy it(this was without seeing it). But once they were able to jump in and go for a drive in it and see it, they were converted. We have the jdm version and I see a lot chicks driving them. Its quite a curvy car and I think that gives it its stereotype.

But hey if like you like driving it, who cares what others think.

I just love the way it handles, my sister and her boyfriend borrowed for a week while they were down and when he gave it back he had a huge smile on his face and said its like driving a go kart.
Euphoria
All cars are driven by girls and guys so there is no "girls car" but I do think they are a little bit girly compared to some cars, but still very nice cars, they look more girly with hubcaps more than anything haha, but lowered with nice wheels = pure sex.

this topic came up at a recent celica meet, no girls turned up so it made all of us feel better and that we're not driving hair dresser cars tongue.gif.
RickJamesBish
Technically, it's small and cramped, and stereotypical of girl's "proportions." However, I tend to think those curves are damn sexy. biggrin.gif
CelicaBuddy
My car is forever stamped with the 'girl car' stereotype because my celica is convertible... I guess chicks like convertibles, even though I see plenty of men driving em around (just in general...)
Not that I really care, since I'm a girl, but even when I did all the modification, body kit, rims, etc... I still get that it's a total chick car... kindasad.gif
bseaman_5
I would consider our celica's a chick car.. I have always considered it a chick car.. Now if it's a stick then it's a little less girly but none the less chick car. Now, as for why do I drive it/own it? It's a sexy little car. I wasn't really into little ricey type cars until I had to buy my own and for the price and reliablity these cars have you can't turn it down! And like almost everyone else as said you can mod these cars and make it more "manly". If it makes you feel any better since you're a guy who is possibly going to buy it, it can be a guy car from the point it belongs to you until you get rid of it drive it to its death.
terbear4god4life
i like to pretend my car is a girl when i oil her up tongue.gif
97celiman
so isnt a mini cooper a girls car? yet the "s" is pretty fricken sweet friends got a s/c, chipped one, he throws some slicks on the front and takes it to tracks on the wkend...and it hauls (for a go-cart : )

-i think the opinion (just like the beauty) is in the eye of the beholder, living in tx in high school, ****loads of guys have f150s, or big diesels and there all lifted disgustingly and tacky...and most of them are douches

only cool ones is this old camaro with mickey thompson street radials, powerglide etc., old 40s f-1 with an ls1, 63 ranchero (i used to have a 62 falcon), and an old (tastefully lowered) chevy truck and this ugly pink t-bird that daddy fixed up, cool car, ugly pink (like salmon pink frown.gif

so i kinda got off topic but whatever
mad4toy
hyundai coupe branded girls car here at my place
6gen94gt
im feeling its a girl car haha
i would so rather be driving a girl then driving a guy lol
but yeah its a girl car and for some memebers on here it is a tranny because its a girl's car with alot of balls (hp)
elvasoshexai
meh. i knew the celi was a girl's car n bought 1 neway bcuz i fell in love w/ how it looked / could look w/ some modding.
808celica
screw stereotypes..................

girls car, guys car who cares.
yeah most say celicas are chick cars

but i qoute this chick i met up with, "i would rather drive or ride in your toyota than any other honda or nissan."

thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif

plus where im at im the only celica, gen6, black, and my mods for about 30 miles in all directions biggrin.gif woot.gif
azian_advanced
omg i remember watching this one korean show and this one chic sooo reminded me of a celica. i'll find a pic of her later..
Random_Stranger
I mostly see older women drive Celicas. In my eyes, yes, it could be looked at as a chick car. But like Supersprynt said, once you start modifying it, it starts to man up.
nics
IMO the only girl car i know is a VW beetle.

As long as it has four wheels and can take me to point A-B and ok on gas then i can live with it.
RickJamesBish
My avatar > your avatar.
Random_Stranger
QUOTE (RickJamesBish @ Nov 12, 2008 - 7:14 AM) *
My avatar > your avatar.

laugh.gif What's up with your guys' avatars? I thought it was just something yall drawn on the computer. Now I am starting to think there is more to this face. (My apologies for thread jack with a stupid question)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.