Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: proper way
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Forced Induction
pipes
hey guys i wanted to check here first... i have decided to work on valvetrain for my car....so my question how do i do this? cams springs etc.. just want to know what i can get away with and what the factory computer can handle or stock spring can handle or do i definatley need new springs retainers etc... thanks in advance... btw rev 3 3sgte is the engine
presure2
it really depends more on your goals than anything else.

cams will give you some gains up top, but the real gains come with all the other work that is normally done with cams, IE headwork (porting, OS valves ect.)

a good starting point would be adjustable cam gears, that work with both the stock gears and aftermarket ones down the road.
ATS makes a nice set out of stock cores for 150$, 50 of which you get back when you send in your cores, or if you want fancy ones, fidanza makes them as well as hks, ect.

your best bet IMO is to research over on mr2oc. there are a few diffrent companys that make cams, all with diffrent profiles, lift, ect. that all affect how the car performs.
most guys end up going with a set of 264's, which in most cases will give you the most area under the curve. (widest powerband)

thread moved to FI
pipes

yea thats what i keep reading 264's intake and exhaust... my other question is will the stock computer and valve srings work? i wil be sending the head out to get cleaned and all that good stuff

ats? website?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.