Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SAFC
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Forced Induction
Hanyo
For everyone who has an SAFC or installed one.

Can you put a switch on it so it only work when you need to on the fly.

For instance:

if you want to leave the fuel map stock when you are driving it normally. But you want the safc to adjust the fuel map when you have nitrious on a full throttle switch.

Get what i am saying?

sorry kind of hard to explain. Basically what i want to do is, hook the safc to click on when i flip the switch; otherwise i want it to leave my ecu alone. without turning off the car
NuclearHappineS
on the AFC, rather than wiring in your TPS directly to the AFC, wire it through a switch that is normally open.

set your low throttle to something like 15%
set your high throttle to something like 85%

keep your settings in the low throttle map 0% across the board
tune your corrections on the high throttle map depending on the need. (nitrous, clutched supercharger, other octane map ...etc)

switch is off, throttle is low = no corrections (low throttle map)
switch is off, throttle is high = no corrections (low throttle map)
switch is ON, throttle is low = no corrections (low throttle map)
switch is ON, throttle is high = corrections (high throttle map).

Hanyo
QUOTE (NuclearHappineS @ Nov 14, 2008 - 2:23 AM) *
on the AFC, rather than wiring in your TPS directly to the AFC, wire it through a switch that is normally open.

set your low throttle to something like 15%
set your high throttle to something like 85%

keep your settings in the low throttle map 0% across the board
tune your corrections on the high throttle map depending on the need. (nitrous, clutched supercharger, other octane map ...etc)

switch is off, throttle is low = no corrections (low throttle map)
switch is off, throttle is high = no corrections (low throttle map)
switch is ON, throttle is low = no corrections (low throttle map)
switch is ON, throttle is high = corrections (high throttle map).

i was thinking the same thing. But if you when from open switch to full throttle, it might tweak out the safc. I don't own a safc yet so i really don't know how it will work.
my concern is drivablity. I want to beable to have the safc off most of the time and when i need the safc to do the job i dont want to be looking down and adjusting it while i am driving.
NuclearHappineS
are you doing this with nitrous ?
what kit are you using ?

nitrous is usually tuned by changing the size of fuel / nitrous jets for large adjustments
and by adjusting fuel pressure for fine tuning the mixture.

However, to say that you know a 'qualified' to trust to do the tuning for you, weather it's on an AFC, in fuel pressure, or swapping jets... especially if you're using a single fogger...

Let me summarize.
You can do what i told you, or even wire in the SAFC to your nitrous activation instead of TPS so that it's automatic. However unless you know what you're doing and have 4 EGT bungs, one in each runner, i wouldn't do what i think you want to do.
lagos
The safc already does this.
Its triggered to make adjustments based on rpm and throttle position. You can set it up so that it wont change anything until you go 100% throttle.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.