Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Battery relocation
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
playr158
Ok i've done this in the past as a modification when i had my car, I want to know what, how and method you guys have used to do yours

this requires specific information that i want to see

what battery (brand, size)
where did you put it.
what wires for ground and positive (gauge)
what connections did you use
where did you connect your grounds
where did you run your wires.

this is all i want posted, there need not be excess noise in the thread.

Just for some add in information

stock battery spec:
Group 35/ CCA 360
bmj67
There is a sticky about this in the electrical section HERE It has som pretty good info that might help
bccentaur3
Stock Battery Group 35/ CCA 360

I used a battery holder box that comes with the top and a strap to hold the battery down in the trunk.

I have all the hatch plastics out so put the battery near the right wheel well where the factory jack goes. I used self tapping screws to hold down the battery box.

I then used a 4 gauge jumper cables running all the way to the back. Ran it through my wiring harness hole and under my door sills to the hatch. I just utilized my old ground and positive from the engine bay. I just connected the jumper cables to the positive and one to the negative and ran it back and hooked the other ends of the jumper to the battry as if it were in the engine bay.

For some reason it takes longer to turn the car over then before. I don't know whats causing the lack of power. I was thinking its because the battery is all the way in the back, but as long as my car starts thats all that matters.
stephen_lee
optima yellowtop(800CCA?) in rear/optima redtop(1000CCA) in front

left hatch between shock mount, rear, and my sub box/stock location

4 gauge for ground, 2 gauge for positive(to dist block, 4ga to front batt.)/2gauge for ground, 4gauge to rear battery, 8gauge to alt, 4gauge to starter

rear has cheap gold from autozone/Front battery has high quality gold terminals from autozone

ground connected to strut mount/grounded to: engine, tranny, strut mount, and stock location near headlight

ran wire along factory wiring on drivers side, then followed airbag wiring through wheel well, then into engine bay/not much to running wires in the front

btw its rear battery info/front battery info
presure2
this is how we do ours, dan.

dustin and steff have pretty much the same, just smaller terminals.
99GT
Bump add more info if you've done the batt relo.
hurley97
The pictures Manny posted are of one of Shannon's cars, I don't remember which, but mine and Dustin's are pretty much the same so here's some more info

Optima Red Top Group 35/720cca
In the trunk towards the left rear wheel well area, cut holes in plastics with rubber grommets to make it look neat (like Manny's picture above)

Optima battery tray--search it on ebay

Rockford Fosgate battery terminals (up to 4ga cables only with just one additional input for accessories)

4ga power cable, Shannon has 2ga cable but 4ga is smaller and is just fine plus easier to run through the car
Route the power cable behind all the plastics, under the door sill, through the firewall/steering boot to the engine bay.

Ring terminals from Autozone, attach one to the end of the 4ga power cable that was run to the front of the car and remove the stock positive battery terminal end and put the other one on that end, then bolt them together for easy disconnecting from the harness.

Ground cable goes directly from the battery to the chassis. Dustin's ground cable goes from the battery to the chassis between the tail lights and from the stock negative terminal end in the engine bay to the transmission ground point using something like this, with one end cut off and stripped to go into the terminal (only black because it's negative).

I have the same setup but with an additional ground cable from the negative terminal run alongside my power cable to the engine bay and bolted to the stock location on the transmission, then from that ground point to the stock chassis ground point in the front.
Ronan
I want to do this too. Optima batteries seem pretty good
hurley97
Edited my post with more detail.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.