Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 4age question
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
DoodieHead
well, i made up my mind and planned out on how long it will take me to save for engine since i have about 180,xxx miles. i was wanting a powerful 3sgte but will be too much for part-time job. so I decided to do 4age silvertop since it sounds very easy since its A series and its alot cheaper. will plan on turboing it later on. BUT I can't find much sources on the specs of the engine or where to get the engine or list of parts needed to do the swap. does anybody have any sites that have alot of info for me to research some more on it. thanks
Coomer
I've found that Club 4AG has lots of good information about the silvertop 20V 4A-GE. My car is undergoing this swap right now and should be done by Friday, so I'll let everyone know how it turns out.

I got my engine from Storm Performance by the way, but I'm not very happy with their service, and wouldn't recommend them. I'm still waiting on my axles that should have arrived in June, and I often can't get ahold of Mark, the guy who sold me my engine.
FallenHero
Are the silver top axles that much better than your stockers?

Jon
Rivo
I think he might have to get them, if he used the tranny that came with that silvertop (assuming he got a tranny with it).

Edit: Are you going with a hybrid setup there Coom? Are the lengths right with the axles? Didn't think the 4age came in any celi/curren.
Coomer
About the axles, the stock AT200 axles work fine, even with the new AE101 tranny, though I'm guessing that the AE101 axles are stronger than my AT200 axles.
Rivo
You would guess correctly tongue.gif
Inferno
Wow, Coomer. I was unaware that your engine swap should be done by the end of the week. That is awesome sounding. I really can't wait to hear about it and see some pictures. Good luck with it.

Also to Doodiehead, good luck with your swap as well. I hope you get a good deal smile.gif .
Coomer
QUOTE (Inferno @ Oct 1, 2003 - 3:23 PM)
Wow, Coomer. I was unaware that your engine swap should be done by the end of the week. That is awesome sounding. I really can't wait to hear about it and see some pictures. Good luck with it.

Also to Doodiehead, good luck with your swap as well. I hope you get a good deal smile.gif .

I'm not so sure if it's going to happen now. I called my mechanic this morning and he said that they just pulled the car in to drop in the new assembled engine, so everything mechanical is probably done by now. I hear that it's a lot of electrical work, so I'm hoping that it's done by the weekend. *Coomer crosses fingers* This is what I've been looking forward to for months, and it's finally getting close to done. smile.gif
FallenHero
are they doing the wiring?

Jon
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.