Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need confirmation
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
bccentaur3
I have decided to keep the celica and convert it to awd this summer. I understand that the 165, 185, and 250 have the same rear cradles. Now the differentials very from lsd to non lsd. Of course you would want lsd, but I don't really care. I want AWD. So lets say I pick a rear cradle and a 185 rear diff. Would the trailing arms fit for the 6th gen? Is it too short. I understand that the rear axles aren't the same length on the 185 and 205, so I would have to find the 205 rear axles.

Are the lengths that big of a difference? Will I need to pick up the 185 brake assembly too?

part numbers would be nice. So I plan to part out the e153 lsd trans plus the axles this summer when I put the car back on the jack stands, but I need to confirmation now to see what I need to order.

Thanks a lot guys. Especially thanks to all the guys who have done the AWD to keep my dreams and hopes to own a GT-Four alive.
bccentaur3
PS I only started this thread to avoid cluttering up Madscientist's thread.
Batman722
I would post over on alltrac.net and ask over there, they would probably have more info on them.
bccentaur3
Thanks. I never thought of that.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.