Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help with a fuel injector upgrade
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
DG_Performance
I have been trying to find some bigger injectors for some time now that will work in the 5sfe. I heard that 7mge injectors would do the job ...so i bought some for a really good price (almost free) and when i went to install them the plug setup to clip the injectors to the stock wireing did not match!!! The serial number of the injectors that i tried to use is 23250-42010....i think these are also stock in the 3s-gte engine?? Anyway i am tired of researching this injector upgrade...I just want someone to help me out here on 6gc that has already done an injector upgrade. Can anyone tell me what injectors i can use (serial number and the car they came from) and if there was any special work required to the fuel setup to get the injectors to function properly(did you have to upgrade the fuel pump or re-map the computer or something like that) . I know there must be someone out there that has bigger fuel injectors that wants to help me out!
Please... only people who have done this mod reply to this topic because there are too many people that want to try to help but have stumbled across the wrong information.
Again...I would like for only the people who have already done a fuel injector and/or some kind of fuel system upgrade to reply to my questions. I am not trying to be an a$$ about this, I just want to elimate any possibility that wrong info will be posted.
Anyone out there who has the info i need..... please help me out!
Thanks,
DG
1bwilson
Serial # for the 7mge fuel injector is 23250-70080. They have a green or yellow top. The pin out is 2 equal size prongs. The 3sgte injectors will not fit the 5sfe because they are top feed high imp. injectors and the 5sfe are side feed low imp.

I have the 7mge injectors in my car as we speak and they work fine.

-Bryan-
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.