Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Emergency Fuel Door Release?
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
Boydy
Hi All,

I'm new to the forum. I own a 1998 Toyota Celica 1.8 ST and I was just wondering if anyone could help.

I was at the Petrol Station yesterday and pulled the Fuel Door release a little too hard and felt some tension. To cut a long story short the release latch doesn't work and the fuel door will not open at all. Obviously this is going to cause me a little problem. smile.gif

Does anyone know if there is an emergency release that I could use which will open the fuel door? I know in some Toyota models there is an emergency release in the boot.

Any help would be much appreciated.
playr158
nope. but you can get to the cable and pull on it after the break if you follow it through the body smile.gif
Boydy
QUOTE (playr158 @ Dec 29, 2008 - 12:00 PM) *
nope. but you can get to the cable and pull on it after the break if you follow it through the body smile.gif

Thanks for the reply! I think it would be a little difficult to trace the cable through the body. Would that involve unscrewing fittings etc..?
SeverX13
mines been broken. try this out. get a buddy and have them pull on the lever to open the lid and keep it up. while its up u can go and open it with your fingers. so now ur thinkin if this works amd i always goin to need soemone with me to fill up? nope. all i do is take my key and prop it up under the lever lol works fine. try that out tho. see how it works
CelicaST_CALI
What if the cable is broken.^^^^
playr158
^ crow bar
stephen_lee
take off the drivers hatch/trunk plastics and reach in there and feel for the lever to release it.
hurley97
QUOTE (SeverX13 @ Dec 29, 2008 - 6:16 PM) *
mines been broken. try this out. get a buddy and have them pull on the lever to open the lid and keep it up. while its up u can go and open it with your fingers. so now ur thinkin if this works amd i always goin to need soemone with me to fill up? nope. all i do is take my key and prop it up under the lever lol works fine. try that out tho. see how it works

That's just the little clip that puts tension on the door so it pops when you pull the lever. Just get a new one, it's like $2-3 from the dealer.
SeverX13
QUOTE (hurley97 @ Jan 1, 2009 - 1:57 PM) *
QUOTE (SeverX13 @ Dec 29, 2008 - 6:16 PM) *

That's just the little clip that puts tension on the door so it pops when you pull the lever. Just get a new one, it's like $2-3 from the dealer.

eh idk. im gonna leave it like it is. give the celi some character!! tongue.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.