Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I Now Have All 3 Bodys
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
TheMadScientist
NEW Pics scroll down to bottom of page.
I drove down to Dallas this week and picked up a 1995 GT Coupe 5speed. So now I have a 94 Liftback, 95 Coupe, & 96 Convertible.

Picked it up for $500 from masterluie214 off of here.
stephen_lee
very nice. plans for this one?
njccmd2002
oh my god!!!!

nice, whats wrong witrh it, why so cheap?
TheMadScientist
There is some damage on the rear quarter behind the drivers door and he told me the engine runs but something wrong with it. The engine was pulled for a 3s swap but he changed his mind and sold it.
He gave me everything to put it back together. For now I'm going to go thru the engine and put back to running condition and fix the body damage. But I'd say it need some rims and a TRD wing maybe and different front bumper.
masterluie214
QUOTE (njccmd2002 @ Jan 3, 2009 - 7:58 PM) *
oh my god!!!!

LOL and I thought that was a good price for something that dosent run lol

anyway hey man glad to see you got the pics up I missed her the minute you drove off and my heart dropped the sec i saw this post but to be honest I am extreamly happy that it went to someone that is going to take care of her I know this car looked sexy with some rim and I bet it would look hot with the trd wing maybe even a 96+front bumper can't wait to see the out come.....
TheMadScientist
QUOTE (masterluie214 @ Jan 3, 2009 - 6:32 PM) *
QUOTE (njccmd2002 @ Jan 3, 2009 - 7:58 PM) *
oh my god!!!!

LOL and I thought that was a good price for something that dosent run lol

anyway hey man glad to see you got the pics up I missed her the minute you drove off and my heart dropped the sec i saw this post but to be honest I am extreamly happy that it went to someone that is going to take care of her I know this car looked sexy with some rim and I bet it would look hot with the trd wing maybe even a 96+front bumper can't wait to see the out come.....

I'm sorry you miss her I feel your pain (sold some rides I should of kept) But don't worry I didn't buy her because its just another car.
njccmd2002
AWD coupe!
masterluie214
QUOTE (njccmd2002 @ Jan 3, 2009 - 8:56 PM) *
AWD coupe!

DO IT!!!!! LOL

Yeah man I knew she was going to a good home maybe one day ill be back in the market for another and maybe then ill do my 3s swap and go all the way like you and have you help me with an AWD set up that would be frinkin sweet!!! lol another thing you could do to be different like you where telling me when you were here is maybe even doing a curren front end with a 3s swap that would be cool but let me stop giving you ideas for YOUR! car....

Batman722
nice pick up thumbsup.gif
richee3
Nice find! I was looking at the top picture for like 20 minutes before I realized what was wrong with it hahaha. Then I was like hey... wait a second.... THERE'S NO MOTOR THERE!!!!!!!!!!! Then I had to slap myself in the face. I brought a whole lot of fail to the table frown.gif But I got it now. Hope the coupe works out for you!
TheMadScientist
QUOTE (richee3 @ Jan 3, 2009 - 11:20 PM) *
Nice find! I was looking at the top picture for like 20 minutes before I realized what was wrong with it hahaha. Then I was like hey... wait a second.... THERE'S NO MOTOR THERE!!!!!!!!!!! Then I had to slap myself in the face. I brought a whole lot of fail to the table frown.gif But I got it now. Hope the coupe works out for you!

Yeah the engine is sitting in the back of the truck in the second pic
SoDo
Nice. Now u have 4 celica's? Isnt that the car off of craigslist for $500?
97celiman
QUOTE (SoDo @ Jan 9, 2009 - 5:35 PM) *

dude...first line, first post...derr
masterluie214
QUOTE (97celiman @ Jan 11, 2009 - 2:58 AM) *
QUOTE (SoDo @ Jan 9, 2009 - 5:35 PM) *

dude...first line, first post...derr

No its not from craigslist i never posted it on there cause I wanted someone on theses post to grab the car cause although she was not in the best condition I still loved this car and wanted her to get a good home and as far as I can tell TheMadScientist is doing a great job getting her back on the road and in the best condition ......

luis
TheMadScientist
QUOTE (stephen_lee @ Jan 3, 2009 - 5:16 PM) *
very nice. plans for this one?

Ok I've been thinking about this one and I'm going to go with a FWD 3rd gen 3sgte, 96+ bumper, Z3 fenders, 5th gen mirrors, TRD wing, and the whole car sprayed dark blue, with some 5 spoke racing 17's. Maybe a carbon fiber hood.
TheMadScientist
Finally got her running!!!!!

Here's the short block out of my 96 vert, cleaned it up and ready to put back together.

Here it is built and ready to put in the car.

Installed in the car and runs great!

Here's a rear quarter I found for $50 to fix the damage
bmj67
Looks really good. I like that blue paint on the valve cover what kind of paint is it and where did you get it?
95st-celica
very nice pick up man...keep this post updated...should be another cool swap/build as usual thumbsup.gif
masterluie214
THAT IS SWEET !!!! I mean i know its only rebuilding what you have but i know this car like the back of my hand and to see it now wow great job cant wait to see it with the 3S you do a great job and thanks for paying her some attention lol i know you got that sick gt-4 conver. and to spend even a little attention to carla is all she needed ..... well keep them coming .....

Luis
BonzaiCelica
let me guess did you get that rear quarter panel from a junkyard????
TheMadScientist
QUOTE (BonzaiCelica @ Feb 10, 2009 - 8:41 PM) *
let me guess did you get that rear quarter panel from a junkyard????

No I sawzalled it off the car down the street at 2 in the morning, LOL
BonzaiCelica
haha no way! you one crazy mofo. I know I know dumb ? to ask. Well I'm thinking about doing the same.

How much is the price difference that the body shop will charge you to install that new quarter panel vs them just fixing the quarter panel that you have on right now with bondo??
TheMadScientist
QUOTE (BonzaiCelica @ Feb 22, 2009 - 2:22 AM) *
haha no way! you one crazy mofo. I know I know dumb ? to ask. Well I'm thinking about doing the same.

How much is the price difference that the body shop will charge you to install that new quarter panel vs them just fixing the quarter panel that you have on right now with bondo??

I don't know, I do all my own work. The reason I went with changing the quarter out is because, The body lines are all smashed at the door and are hard to fix. Its just faster to change it, I'll post up pics when I do.
BonzaiCelica
hmm oh ok ic. Well i'll just have to go around asking shops then, when i decide to paint my car again in 4 years. But ya pics please that would be nice
ej8ferio702
nice good luck on this build! id love to see this when its done
dgbldr
QUOTE (TheMadScientist @ Feb 22, 2009 - 8:48 PM) *
The reason I went with changing the quarter out is because, The body lines are all smashed at the door and are hard to fix. Its just faster to change it, I'll post up pics when I do.

Hehehe, it's only faster if you're not a metalsmith smile.gif And cutting and welding has some issues also. If the other side of the car is straight, you can make several patterns to get the body lines perfect.
vincent_doggy
Hey dude, do me a favor, wanna check if the gas tank lid are all the same for 3 body, seems U are the right person for this task if u don't mind
TheMadScientist
QUOTE (vincent_doggy @ Feb 27, 2009 - 8:51 AM) *
Hey dude, do me a favor, wanna check if the gas tank lid are all the same for 3 body, seems U are the right person for this task if u don't mind

Unless I pull out the micrometer and check measurements, they all look the same to me.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.