Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Just watched my Celica disappear down the road.
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
manphibian
frown.gif

Sad day! A guy travelled up from Surrey (250 miles away) and bought it.

frown.gif
enderswift
ur gonna miss it

what did you get as a replacement? (no such thing)
manphibian
TT

http://www.6gc.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=64176
enderswift
sexy. have fun thumbsup.gif
whatthe
omg frown.gif
richee3
Dang.... Well, hopefully the new owner takes care of it. I'm sure the TT will be a lot more fun though.
elastikman
Traitor!!! tongue.gif

In europe TT are very usual cars...
Celica´s gives more head turns tongue.gif

But is fine car you will be happy! smile.gif
Happy milleages smile.gif
malpaso
QUOTE (manphibian @ Jan 10, 2009 - 5:14 PM) *
frown.gif

frown.gif

I hope I will never have the same experience... I can imagine how do you feel... frown.gif.
cheela
sad sad day..... T___T
bseaman_5
not gunna lie.... Sad day... frown.gif
presure2
BOOOOOOOOO
manphibian
Booo indeed Manny.

I might get a GT-Four, in time.
plasticgeordie2007
Bet you had a tear in your eye watching the car being driven away
manphibian
QUOTE (plasticgeordie2007 @ Jan 10, 2009 - 6:45 PM) *
Bet you had a tear in your eye watching the car being driven away

was proper weird mate. NOBODY drives my car kindasad.gif
95st-celica
i think it should be mandatory for mods to own 6gc's
zero07
I can only imagine how you feel. I had to give away a pitbull named Menace after I raised him from a pup and had to give him away after almost two years. It sucked really bad.

Guessin its kinda like that, man. after all the nice work you did to it. Sad day.
manphibian
QUOTE (95st-celica @ Jan 10, 2009 - 7:04 PM) *

what's your problem?
Tom88
Hi Luke!

Got back ok...suuuch a long day of driving. Worked out to be 10hours behind the wheel! Was sooo annoying seeing my mate drive it aswel laugh.gif Ive had a little drive round where i live...drives like a dream compared to the saxo!

Yeah i figured it would be weird seeing someone else drive it away...hopefully the saxo will be gone tomorrow which will be a sad day as it was my first car!

Ill make sure to take car of the car so you dont have to worrry! Its in good hands...got alot to learn about the car though so hopefully you should be the right person to ask biggrin.gif Going to give it a clean tomorrow as its FILTHY after that drive and then ive got another Headunit i might put in which has full ipod control. You left a load of CDs in the car by the way...i can post them back to you if ya want?
Slick
Welcome! And you better take care of the car! biggrin.gif
Batman722
frown.gif
manphibian
Tom!

Glad you joined here!

I think i've got copies of all the CD's so don't worry. Damn i was sure i'd cleared it out!

Glad the drive went ok. Any questions you have, i'm sure we can answer, hope you have years of fun out of thecar like i did smile.gif
Tom88
Seems like a more knowledgable place than CCUK for the Gen6 anyway!

Any idea how i can carry on with the rest of my life without constantly thinking about the celica on the drive lol. Thats why im still up at 1:30am...

Only real thing i wanted to ask was how to adjust the handbrake as you have to pull it up quite far to get it to stop the car. Not a major issue but i sometimes park it on a slope and couldnt live with myself if it rolled away! Or would you think its maybe worth replacing the cable?
manphibian
QUOTE (Tom88 @ Jan 11, 2009 - 1:30 AM) *

Any idea how i can carry on with the rest of my life without constantly thinking about the celica on the drive lol. Thats why im still up at 1:30am...

Only real thing i wanted to ask was how to adjust the handbrake as you have to pull it up quite far to get it to stop the car. Not a major issue but i sometimes park it on a slope and couldnt live with myself if it rolled away! Or would you think its maybe worth replacing the cable?

ahhh, the handbrake.

I forgot about that as i never park on a slope.....

Yeah, it seems to engage, then you let go and then you can move it up a bit more. I got new handbrake shoes last year, and it started doing that.... i think it just needs tweaking, i just got used to it, but it should be an easy fix.
Sorry, i never thought about it while you were there......

There is a way to adjust the handbrake, i'll look for it tomorrow mate (pissed now) laugh.gif
presure2
QUOTE (95st-celica @ Jan 10, 2009 - 2:04 PM) *

i think that theory pretty much goes out the window when the OWNER of this site no longer owns a celica.

get over it.
rolleyes.gif
manphibian
x2.

I'm not going to piss you lot off any less just because i don't have a celica tongue.gif
razor7
frown.gif

dagnabbit. Now I can't ask you for parts. Phooey. Oh well, your car will live on... once I get mine to look like it. :-D

-TC
Tom88
QUOTE (manphibian @ Jan 10, 2009 - 8:42 PM) *
QUOTE (Tom88 @ Jan 11, 2009 - 1:30 AM) *

ahhh, the handbrake.

I forgot about that as i never park on a slope.....

Yeah, it seems to engage, then you let go and then you can move it up a bit more. I got new handbrake shoes last year, and it started doing that.... i think it just needs tweaking, i just got used to it, but it should be an easy fix.
Sorry, i never thought about it while you were there......

There is a way to adjust the handbrake, i'll look for it tomorrow mate (pissed now) laugh.gif

Haha...drowning sorrows? No problem mate but if you do have any info would be great! Its not a problem really as it does hold when you pull it all the way but thought maybe a simple adjustment would sort it...anything i can do to tinker lol! All the hard work and graft has been done biggrin.gif
Shigexile
Luke! you sold your car... one of the few celi i looked up to. Sad sad day for me. frown.gif
Jdog1385
good luck with the new car! thinking about going audi myself but trying to do it without getting rid of the celica.
Jaws4God
frown.gif the big question is, did you tell them about 6gc? wink.gif
manphibian
QUOTE (Jaws4God @ Jan 11, 2009 - 6:28 AM) *
frown.gif the big question is, did you tell them about 6gc? wink.gif

That's the guy 4 posts up Daniel ^^^ tongue.gif Tom88!

Tom, i think the Chilton book i left in the boot will have instructions for adjusting the handbrake cable........ I think you have to get the armrest box thing off where i left all my CD's! laugh.gif

Were they all burned discs, or did i leave any originals?
geetje
Quick!! Tell us!! What kind of music does Luke play!?! laugh.gif laugh.gif

@Tom, welcome, hope you treat her just Luke did. wink.gif

@Luke, like your TT! wink.gif
manphibian
QUOTE (geetje @ Jan 11, 2009 - 2:30 PM) *
Quick!! Tell us!! What kind of music does Luke play!?! laugh.gif laugh.gif

@Tom, welcome, hope you treat her just Luke did. wink.gif

@Luke, like your TT! wink.gif

LOL Mostly Trance and House biggrin.gif

One of your boys, Armin van Buuren is my favourite. smile.gif
SeverX13
kindasad.gif i feel as if i was responsible for this
Tom88
Mostly Take That and Backstreet Boys. laugh.gif

Only original i think was Radiohead.

Got myself a 24v buffer thingy and some cotton mitts so will give the car a nice clean and get some pictures up tomorrow...not that its going to look any different lol
Dan24
so did you get anywhere near what you wanted for it Luke? or did you let Tom have it at a steal of a price?
stevest202
glad its gone to a good home luke toms got a good one there
DEATH
Damn - it's like putting your child up for adoption kindasad.gif Glad you're sticking around tho Luke - for a Britt you're alright tongue.gif [JP]
3SGTE
what ball park figure did you get? only asking because im in the process of selling the gt-four just now! had a couple of guys interested but no takers yet.

What miles did you have on the red beast luke?

Cheers
manphibian
QUOTE (DEATH @ Jan 12, 2009 - 10:23 PM) *
Damn - it's like putting your child up for adoption kindasad.gif Glad you're sticking around tho Luke - for a Britt you're alright tongue.gif [JP]

aww fanx Matt <3 laugh.gif
trdproven
I almost thought about selling my car, and then naaAAA - $5000 later. Plans plans plans.
Random_Stranger
QUOTE (malpaso @ Jan 10, 2009 - 9:02 AM) *
QUOTE (manphibian @ Jan 10, 2009 - 5:14 PM) *
frown.gif

frown.gif

I hope I will never have the same experience... I can imagine how do you feel... frown.gif.

Please don't ever sell yours Malpaso. I am serious! Unless it is to save a life.......... even that might take some deep thinking.... jk
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.