Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: water in right high-beam problem
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
aww_shoook_em
my right high-beam is 1/4 full. 3/4 empty with nasty yellow water...

I bought my 6Gen thinking that it wouldnt be a big problem...
once I noticed that there was moisture in the high beam, I ticked a little bit about it, but then again, didnt pay much attention...

I started noticing it around last month of december and since its been raining, its been filling up..

anyways, Ive been trying to find out how I can get rid of it without paying for another highbeam..
Baller on a budget yo.. but if it means buying another high-beam, I'll have to do it..

any info please, greatly appriciate it...
enderswift
ha, this brings back memories. It seems like water, particularly in the driver side high beam is common. Its nothing too complicated to fix but i think its a pain. For instance, you have to remove the whole front bumper to be able to take out the light rolleyes.gif . There is a thread detailing the removal somewhere on here... but once you have it out, take off the three little clips that hold the glass to the rest of the light. Next stick the whole lens into a pot of water (on top of a wooden spoon so it doesnt crack the glass) and let it simmer for about a minute. Then quickly take out the light and try to seperate the lense from the casing with a butter knife. (other people stick the whole beam into the oven but i dont like that method, its up to you) Once off, you're gonna see alot of factory adhesive all over the place. Your choices are to either remove all of it and reseal the lens with some permatex, or you can just reuse it. I find that removing it is easier. Once you have that figured out, replace the clips so that they hold pressure while the new seal sets.

this really isn't all that difficult, and you can easily figure out the details as you go along.
jordisonjr
I had this exact same problem. I found a pair of low and high beams cheap locally and am just going to replace the high beams. Is the probelm always the seal on the lense? or could the water be building up from somewhere else? if i can fix this problem without having to use teh new high beams i bought that would be great.
Zeros2
my high beam is doing the same thing same with my driver side low which is already rusted out... buying a new one of those but i would like to hear some other solutions about the high beam.
SinisterSinner
QUOTE (aww_shoook_em @ Jan 16, 2009 - 7:44 PM) *
my right high-beam is 1/4 full. 3/4 empty with nasty yellow water...

I bought my 6Gen thinking that it wouldnt be a big problem...
once I noticed that there was moisture in the high beam, I ticked a little bit about it, but then again, didnt pay much attention...

I started noticing it around last month of december and since its been raining, its been filling up..

anyways, Ive been trying to find out how I can get rid of it without paying for another highbeam..
Baller on a budget yo.. but if it means buying another high-beam, I'll have to do it..

any info please, greatly appriciate it...

try taking the bulb out than take out the housing drain it,n put it back on the car, put the bulb in it and seal all edges of the bulb with silicone, but before you do that when you take the housing out inspact the edges between the glass and the plastic of the housing, look for leaks, if you find one seal it with silicone, if you dont want to use silicone use a drill with a thin drill tip and drill a small hole underneath the plastic housing allthe way until you can see it from the glass of the housing. if none of my solutions solve your problems then buy a new one.
sorry if I misspelled anythingg I'm in a rush!, hope this helps
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.